Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

b80

BairleaFarm

I just got this b80 with a 12hp on it for next to nothing. Seems to be in a little less than ok shape. The wiring is a mess and the brake linkage is froze.

DSCN01082.jpg

Got the 12hp with a low rpm knock unbolted

DSCN0110.jpg

Id rather have this 16hp thats the better of the 2 in use on this tractor.

DSCN0111.jpg

BairleaFarm

Based on the lack of comments I dont suppose this was an interesting topic. :hide:

Anywho - got the motor on and drove her out of the garage. The seat is crap and the motor is running worse than ever but this is a great driving tractor. I gotta figure out why i have so much fuel puddling in the carb intake. Once I get the motor running ok ill leave it the way it is for now. Come warmer weather ill redo some of the stuff like wiring to make it somewhat dependable. I dont plan on using the tractor for anything but dusty working so a restore is not in its future.

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

The starter was locked up so I took the gear off and put it on a starter i had wil a bad gear.

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

The drive pulley didnt work seeing how the engine came from a hydro unit. I got the new pulley at TSC. The only issue is if i plan on using a PTO for it. Ill cross that bridge when I get to it.

DSCN0005.jpg

Done for now. I need to find a hood as this one is bent to hell.

DSCN0007.jpg

I dont know the size but the front tires look wide and Ive got a set of ags ill be putting on it.

Duff

Looks like a fun project, David!

Good work!

Duff :hide:

KyBlue

Nice...which will you be using to drag the C160 up to my place??

BairleaFarm

If i get the carb running good i will. Ill be bringing me, the trailer, the wagon, the c160, my son, and other parts in one trip. A breakdown would be a logistical nightmare.

jusjeepn

Wanna sell the 12hp? Looks great for a worker. Wouldn't touch it otherwise. Great job! :hide:

KyBlue

DD gimme a shout before you head up this way, make sure im motivated and what not..

BairleaFarm

Wanna sell the 12hp? Looks great for a worker. Wouldn't touch it otherwise. Great job! :hide:

no right now but that may change eventually.

i will Scott

T-Mo

David,

Sorry, I'm just now seen this topic. I would say any project involving these little red tractors is interesting enough (except maybe if it's Tecumseh'd powered :D ).

Seriously, though, I think since this is the Thanksgiving weekend, we all have been busy (some encountering turkeys, pie, etc., and some with projects of their own). Myself, I have spent two days at the hospital, but that's another story.

Man, that little thing is going to be humming, that's for sure. New decals, possibly, say a B-160? Since it's been repowered already with a 12, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be repowered with a 16 hp. :hide:

BairleaFarm

David,

Sorry, I'm just now seen this topic. I would say any project involving these little red tractors is interesting enough (except maybe if it's Tecumseh'd powered :hide: ).

Seriously, though, I think since this is the Thanksgiving weekend, we all have been busy (some encountering turkeys, pie, etc., and some with projects of their own). Myself, I have spent two days at the hospital, but that's another story.

no prob. I was messsing with you all. I figured everyone was out and about. Hope you get feeling better.