elcamino/wheelhorse

Filled Up the El Camino Yesterday

JPWH

I like the el camino as well as the horse.

• Like 1

Aldon

Nice!

i would love to have a 69 or 70 El'Camino for hauling my 1969-70 Tractors.

sweet horse hauler!

• Like 3

ericj

the black fuel tank if original makes it a 75. a 74 should have a red fuel tank

eric j 

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks for the info , I need to check the model and serial number , will do that tomorrow. It does have a black tank.

Nice!

i would love to have a 69 or 70 El'Camino for hauling my 1969-70 Tractors.

sweet horse hauler!

I wish I had a 69 or 70 myself. This El Camino is a 1984 SS Choo Choo Model . Less than 1400 of this special model were produce in 1984. If you think WH collecting is expensive, I will sell the 84 El to you. Signal light on dash went out on the way to pick up the c 120 from Chip61 another un needed repair and expense. O I forgot to mention had an enjoyable time with Chip , it was very nice meeting a Forum member.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Nice!! Both Machines.

mikekot3

I have a 1974 c-120 tractor that my dad bought new and it has a black fuel tank.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Wheel Horse master of Models and serial number , Please let me know what year my  C 120A was made. This was taken off the tag on the unit. Model 1 1 1 0490 9 spaces are exactly like on tag. Serial number 1020183

Thanks in advance for your help

Wheel-N-It
Man, I really like that El Camino!!!

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks it has been some what of a chore getting it back together. All matching numbers , had to change the paint color it was black and I just did not like the color so I went with a 1984 color. I think I drove it 337 miles in the last 12 months . Sometimes I wonder if it needs to find another home.

KC9KAS

1 0490 is a 1974 C-120 Automatic.

roadapples

Like the tractor and the El Camino. But I bet you`d be way overweight in Pa.

elcamino/wheelhorse

The El Camino is rated at a 1/2 ton , it came from the factory with air shocks and that model was lowered at the factory so it looks over loaded. The is a pin hole leak in the lines to the air shocks which I can not find, so they leak down very few weeks. My gravel drive way is too hard on my old bones to replace the air lines to the shocks.

Fun Engineer

Love the ElCamino. Had a red, "71".

Dave Burley

Sent from my tractor seat.

953 nut

The El Camino is rated at a 1/2 ton , it came from the factory with air shocks and that model was lowered at the factory so it looks over loaded. The is a pin hole leak in the lines to the air shocks which I can not find, so they leak down very few weeks. My gravel drive way is too hard on my old bones to replace the air lines to the shocks.

:twocents-02cents:              Most of the air shocks use "O" Rings as seals at the fittings, probably one is causing the leak.

elcamino/wheelhorse

With my lucky lately it is two shocks have died.

montess85

Nice car.  Love those 80s Chevys. Use to have a 86 Monte Carlo SS with T-Tops.  Just sold the car this summer.   Was actually thinking of getting a 80s El Camino as a replacement.

elcamino/wheelhorse

The Monte Carlo SS were beautiful , I wish I could find a set of rims off a Monte Carlo. The rims on mine have a plastic center cap and every time you remove the for any reason, the plastic retainer **** break so I just leave them off.
The problem with the 80's units are parts are hard to find and junk yards don't have many. Took me six months to find a windshield pump . I would sell you the El but I don't think it would handle the trip. I put somewhere between 237 and 337 miles on it during the last 12 month state inspection period 

JackC

My 1996 Roadmaster Wagon has factory air shocks that started to leak. It turned out to be the air pump up under the left front fender.  I temporary disconnected the pump and I installed a manual fill valve instead.  Works fine for now.  Be careful not to over tighten the fittings. The lines themselves are pretty sturdy.  A shop that does shocks should be able to diagnose the leak and fix it or install a manual fill valve.  I don't enjoy crawling under my car much anymore either. I also hate letting any mechanics touch my car but sometimes you have to let go.  No one touches my horses except me.