KevinG

Need ID help!

KevinG

Hey guys, so ive got this tecumseh motor that was on my suburban however the guy who owned it before me said he got it off a craftsman (I believe him since it also had an old craftsman sticker on it). Anyway the model # is 143-596042 and the spec is 9149. Now the problem is that I need a float rebuild kit for it however whenever I search for it I always get "this model does not exist" or results for stuff for with similar models, maybe a few numbers different. I believe it is a 6hp h60. Anyway, has anyone else had/dealt with this problem before or anyone have ideas on what to do about it. Anything at all would be a huge help.

wallfish

Probably best to post some good pics of the engine and the tag.Couldn't find anything with that number either
If it's an H60 then that IS the model number. Tecumseh engines usually have it stamped into the blower housing.

wallfish

It's so nice having Garry on this site! He constantly supplies information, parts lists and manuals for EVERYTHING. 

You can buy a complete brand new after market carb for cheap money. They seem to work pretty good.

Edited by wallfish

KevinG

Thank you gary so much for looking that up for me, I would have never found that. It is really a huge help! Now I can hopefully get my suburban up and running good once again! And wallfish thanks for the tip, I looked it up on ebay and the whole carb is just under $20...Not bad at all...

kudzu3

Go with the new carb, it'll make life easier :)