PeacemakerJack

Heritage Plow Daze--October 10th,2015

PeacemakerJack

Fellow "Horsemen"--my uncle is hosting a Garden Tractor plow day at his farm October 10th.  The farm is located 15 miles west of Oshkosh, Wisconsin just south of Hwy 21.  The soil is a nice black loam and the soybeans just came off this weekend. We have about 12 acres to plow with an overflow of another 10-15 if the weather is good and enough guys show up.  Please check in here or PM me if you are likely to come so we know how much food to plan on.  This won't be a big "fancy" event as it is our first time at hosting one of these.  However, it will be a fun laid back day on the farm turning soil with our little tractors.  I plan to fire up the grill and have brats, burgers, and hot dogs available for purchase just to cover the cost.  We have a four acre area available to park your rigs next to the bean field.  Several guys are planning to come up the evening before for a little "night plowing".  They plan to stay in their campers.  Also a couple have mentioned that they will grab a hotel in Oshkosh.  So...let me know what you are thinking--comments, questions, other...

address is 3818 Ferry Lane, Omro, WI.

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 2

PeacemakerJack

The soil conditions are nearly perfect for plowing!  We made a dozen passes the other night and the garden tractors and Brinlys did really well.  This is the view that you from the upper road looking down on my uncles farm...image.thumb.jpg.bda899c2b85b4a968480b130

My parents house is on the far right, the plow field is in the center of the pic and comprises about 10 acres.  By plow day we should have the beans off on the other side of the barn which will give us another 15 acres if needed. There is a strip of alfalfa on the far right of the picture and that is a couple of acres. That will be the place to park trucks, trailers, and any swap stuff you might want to trade or sell.image.thumb.jpg.abf206ad4629cad322195a78These are a couple of our rigs from the other night.  Dads 875 Iron Horse, the Mule (my sons 100), my cousin Russell's 100, and in the background the White Knight (my cousin Mikes).  So, if you live in Wisconsin and you have never been to one of these events, come on out and check it out.  I'd be happy to let you jump on my 314-8 and take a few passes! If you are set up with your horse to plow and have more experience than I, bring it out and join the fun!  If you live in a surrounding state and would like to make the trip, come on over! We would love to have you take part. 

• Like 2

c-series don

I would love to come and do some plowing but since I live about 5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean it's a bit far for me to travel!!! Hope you guys have fun!

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

I would love to come and do some plowing but since I live about 5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean it's a bit far for me to travel!!! Hope you guys have fun!

Too bad you weren't about 1200 miles closer!  We'd love to have you come and play in the dirt with us.  I'll be sure to take pics and videos to post here the evening following...

jack

c-series don

Please do, looking forward to seeing them!!

PeacemakerJack

Right now it looks like the weather will be real nice for Friday night and Saturday.  I am wishing that the forecasted weather for Thursday would miss us--rain throughout the day! Preparations are coming together nicely.  I have a handful of confirmations of folks coming.  Please let me know if you are planning to come. I want to make sure I have enough food and I can also direct you if you need accommodations. 

Jack

PeacemakerJack

Well,
we ended up with 6/10ths of an inch of rain at my uncles farm.  I would've preferred it to be dry leading into our plow day.  However, the weather tomorrow and Saturday is supposed to be really nice.  So, we are still on for the plow day and just plan on getting your tires muddy! Looks like there will be plenty of GT's around if someone gets really stuck and needs a tug to get out!  Feel free to bring tractors to plow with or to just show off and ride around to view the plowing and farm.  The fall colors are
really starting to pop and the farm has woods I'm nearly every direction.  Don't forget your cameras!  We look forward to seeing you there.

again the address is 

3818 Ferry Lane
Omro, WI

• Like 1

AMC RULES
:text-yeahthat:   :text-goodpost:  
  :wwp:
  • Like 1

PeacemakerJack
image.thumb.jpg.405b496e79d7da0d9a9effaaWe got more rain than I would've liked on Thursday but we are still on for tomorrow!  Several guys showed up tonight and we had fun striking out and doing some night plowing.  It is a little mucky and so be prepared for that.  We are gonna have a great time.  If you are in the area and can make it--COME ON OUT!  

image.thumb.jpg.bb73f98d36d38d70a4680e8f

Edited by PeacemakerJack