Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

Thats what I get thinking "cheap"

catman81056

I picked up a snow blower for $25.00 at the beginning of the year. My thought was to make it work on the D160. After alot of head scratching and cutting and welding I came to the conclusion it just wasn't going to happen.

Then I get the 1267 and electro 12. I pirate the mounting brkt off of a junk blower and think its a simple swap. Well it was, sort of. I made a new drive shaft and put new bearings on it. I should have known that something was amiss when I had to do alittle finessing to get the brket right. But I got it on and everything looked right.

Well, today I put it on the 1267, got a belt that fit and gave it a try. Turns real easy, no noises and when you disengage the blade just coasts to a stop. The only problem is, :hide: IT TURNS THE WRONG DAMN DIRECTION!!!!!!!

This must be a blower for a vert. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

pond195520032003

well now i guess you can add brushes and have a rotary broom :hide: :D

catman81056

LOL, well actually I just bought an older Parker tow behind. But that is an idea.......nah, I might try to do alittle fab work on the blade. You never can tell what a cutoff tool and alittle ingenuity can produce!!

.5racer

Does it have a 90* gear housing going to one side or the other , turning the unit to the other side . ? flip the gear box to the other side and turn the right direction ? Just a thought >>>>> :hide:

MaineDad

LOL - MURPHY'S LAW

linen beige

Try twisting a longer belt into a figure eight?

Duff

LOL - MURPHY'S LAW

Or Axthelm's Corollary:

Murphy was an optimist!

:D:hide::omg:

Duff :hide:

catman81056

I think I can get this to work by adding the 2 idler sprockets and a longer chain. That will have the drive sprocket riding on top of the chain which will make the blade turn in the oppisite direction :hide:

Well, actually I didn't rack my brain figuring that out, I just looked at one of the pics posted in this forum and it was staring right at me.

Now, if someone could tell me the dia of the idler sprockets, I'll pick up a few at the local Tractor supply store. The holes are already there to mount them.

This just "might" turn out OK after all. :D

kpinnc

Tim, I am so thankful for this thread.

Because I now reallize I am not alone! :hide:

Kevin

catman81056

LOL you did the same thing? Well it looks like we got each other out of the hole :hide:

I think those idler sprockets look to be about 1 1/2"-2" in dia.

I'll pick up a few of them, plus 5' of #40 chain and see if I can make this work.

I'll report back!!!

oldandred

And I thought I was the only one that did that glad to hear Im not alone :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

catman81056

Well, I bought another idler sprocket and 10' of #40 chain from Farm&Fleet. I used the chain tension sprocket that was already on the blower along the new one and after putting on the new chain this thing is ready to blow snow.

So I'm set for snow. D160 with the 56" blade and the 1267 with the blower.