squonk

Coming from someone who helped load it on the Dino Hauler those pics almost don't do it justice on the kind of save this restoration will be. I will certainly be following this:thumbs:

• Like 9

Shynon

Yes Mike you are correct pictures do not show how bad it is, but it will live again. Have to weld some cracks on fenders, straighten tool box. Been soaking the bad spots in Kroil since it came home in July still frozen up pretty good.

• Like 4

stevasaurus

And the adventure has started.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Tom, how did you break that Hooby-Dooby??  :ychain:

• Like 4

squonk

I'm almost as curious about your work table. I'd like something to lift the tractors but have no place to store it when not in use. 

• Like 1

Shynon

I'm almost as curious about your work table. I'd like something to lift the tractors but have no place to store it when not in use. 

Mike

I built it base with wheels on it and installed and old kitchen island countertop. I is up about 18" inches off the floor, use ramps to put tractor up on it. And I usually always have a tractor on it. Not the best but it has worked for years.

And the adventure has started.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Tom, how did you break that Hooby-Dooby??  :ychain:

which one?? :ROTF:

• Like 3

ol550

Tool box looks like it needs to be shipped to Stigian for repair. Good luck!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Looks like a good start to a resto.
Thanks for the photos.

• Like 1

WHX??

Sure got yer work cutout for you. Most pepople would have scraped it!

• Like 1

953 nut
:twocents-02cents:The biggest difference between resurrecting a rough old cob of a tractor and restoring a nice one is the degree of pride you will have as a result of your perseverance;  :text-bravo:
  • Like 9

Shynon

Had a little more time tonight to work on 1045. I bought a MAPP gas torch for the rusted parts and it seemed to help quite a bit. Remove foot pegs and that broken bolt. Pulled the rusted cotter pins from brake assembly, tried out my newly fabricated hub puller it worked pretty well considering how bad one hub was stuck on.

IMG_5620.JPG

IMG_5621.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5627.JPG

• Like 9

Racinbob

Coming from someone who helped load it on the Dino Hauler those pics almost don't do it justice on the kind of save this restoration will be. I will certainly be following this:thumbs:

I helped out as well and couldn't agree more. It great to see that this old girl will be coming back to life.

• Like 2

DennisThornton

I want whatever you used to cut the plate to get that nice round disc!

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Looks like that hub was a fighter.  :huh:
  • Like 1

953 nut
:text-bravo:That is a sweet looking hub puller!             :text-coolphotos:
  • Like 3

bmsgaffer
:text-yeahthat:

How much $ would it take to have you build one of those pullers and ship it to me?
  • Like 1

Shynon

So I have been working on this on and off last week, this is were I am at.  Took tires of rims, sand blasted the front two, paint was thick, not sure what it was but some of it was stuck on pretty well. The back ones will be more fun as they have most all the paint on them. Pulled tower and steering wheel, may be on the look out for a better steering wheel.

IMG_5629.JPG

IMG_5630.JPG

IMG_5628.JPG

• Like 9

AMC RULES
Wow...you're almost there.     :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Good luck with those hubs and pulleys. 
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

Started on the 1045 restoration, will try to update as much as possible. This tractor made it's way from the Big Show to Minnesota. Has been sitting since, felt like doing a little blasting today, also had time to break off a bolt on one of the foot pads.

IMG_5614.JPG

I see a can of Kroil hiding in there!  You bring that out for the really tough jobs!

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Looks like your off to a great start, looking great!

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

Just now found this and I was wondering your progress! I am glad to see that 1045 is being resurrected!

• Like 2

Shynon

Progress update, rear rims have been sandblasted and primed, hope to paint them this weekend. Drained transmission and got clear water and some gear oil. Pulled from frame and put her on the trans stand and it does not look good  :no:Looks pretty rough, about 1/2" of crud in the bottom of the trans, 1533's  are not turning, they may clean up. A couple of the gears are chipped. Good think I have a complete rebuild trans on the shelf to use. This one may be a parts trans. And last picture everything stripped from the frame. Have to weld a couple cracks in the trans mounting plate.  Enjoy

IMG_5633.JPG

IMG_5634.JPG

IMG_5635.JPG

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

• Like 5

Mike'sHorseBarn

My initial thought to seeing the inside of that tranny is just wow......that's rough.....

• Like 1

dclarke

Looks like that's been out in the weather a while. 

• Like 1

squonk

I think those gears will buff out! :)

• Like 6