cafoose

Choke cable

cafoose

I have a new Wheel Horse choke cable that measures 22.5" long from the end of the black knob to the end of the wire. I have no part number for it or anything like that. I was wondering if anyone knows what it may fit. It has a black knob on it that pulls out and pushes in.

cdsl810

Can you post a picture of the black knob? That would be helpful for zoning in on the vintage. Also, is the cable plastic coated or metal sheathed?

cafoose

Here are some pics of the choke cable. It is metal sheathed not plastic coated.

whchokeknob.jpg

whchoke.jpg

Edited by cafoose

cdsl810

My guess is an older vertical shaft model, or a mid engine model. I'm still trying to find the *exact* fit...

cafoose

I was thinking an older one also because of the style of knob and one with the engine closer to the firewall because of the length. Maybe a round hood? Thanks for all your effort I really appreciate it.

cdsl810

My roundhood, a Suburban 400 (1960) has the paddle style knobs. The one you have looks more like a late 60s early 70s design. I just can't place it yet.

cafoose

I was just looking in the picture gallery and some round hoods from 1961 on have choke knobs like the one I have but like you said most 1960 back have paddle style knobs.

cdsl810

The key to the identity is the "C" on the knob. That would lead me to assume that it belongs to a tractor that does not have "CHOKE" on the dash anywhere. But I have been wrong before.

Brian01

Looks just like the one that was on my '68 electro 12

Seen them like that on Raiders as well

cdsl810

The 857 has the exact same knob also. So, if we have it zoned in on the late 60s--the answer should come from the short length. I don't think it belongs to a Kohler K-series because the carb is way out on the front. The choke cable on those is 36" or longer. So either the tractor is small, or the engine (carburetor) is much closer to the operator--or both.

Edited by cdsl810

cafoose

I have an 876 Kohler k181 8hp and it definitely has the longer cable