BOB ELLISON

Snow plow info needed

BOB ELLISON

Just got a wheel horse snow plow from a 310-8 and the numbers are 96-42BC01-05704.what do I need to do to make
this work on my 1995 520h ,I know I need a extension for it but will it work at all for my tractor ? I got the rear axle
bracket and the plow for $100.00. couldn't pass it up. it is a little rusty but it will clean up good. nice blade not bent.
 Even thought I will go tomorrow and buy a c160 with a plow,  chains and weights for a couple hundred dollars .in  lot
better shape then the one I'm redoing ,might have to redo this one to .
 dong wheel horse's I got the bug bad, in 3 weeks ill have 4 wheel horse's and 2 plows, dang wheel horse's

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg

plow3.jpg

shallowwatersailor

I believe that it will attach to a 520-H with the swept axle, but you won't be able to sector it.

Edited by shallowwatersailor

chorusguy

You Yankees are so lucky. :-)
no deals like that in north Carolina.  There are 2 c160s on Craig's right now.  $1300 and $1600.  They both look nice and one has a tiller and a cultivator.  Hours unknown.  I bought a non running parts tractor for $275.  

Think I'm gonna take a vacation rent a giant u-haul and troll the rust belt for wheelhorses.

• Like 1

daveoman1966

You need these two extension brackets....  and a different index lever (long red lever).

ext kit (4) - Copy.JPG

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Shove it out front but then even the lever needs modding!  OK!  I see it now.

I love pics, (don't we all!) and this one screams for one more.  Anyway to get a side shot of the extender and some description of the notches?  And I'm a bit fuzzy on the T bracket to the right...

Great quick reply and with pictures!

daveoman1966

more pics...

112311- 114.jpg

112311- 097.jpg

EXT- (2).JPG

EXT- (10).JPG

EXT- (6).JPG

• Like 1

bowtieguy

FYI....I have an NOS snow blade and all brackets (as pictured above in daveoman's post) plus NOS rear axle bracket....made for the 520H tractor...guess I might as well sell it if you happen to be in Missouri as I will not ship it.....$500.00....send me a pm if interested.

I might even fix ya up with a 520H w/60" deck if you bring a BIG trailer!!

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

FYI....I have an NOS snow blade and all brackets (as pictured above in daveoman's post) plus NOS rear axle bracket....made for the 520H tractor...guess I might as well sell it if you happen to be in Missouri as I will not ship it.....$500.00....send me a pm if interested.

I might even fix ya up with a 520H w/60" deck if you bring a BIG trailer!!

Bowtieguy you are to far for me ,but thanks anyways

You need these two extension brackets....  and a different index lever (long red lever).

ext kit (4) - Copy.JPG

daveoman1966 can you send me some measurements of the  two extension brackets and the  index lever .ill try to make them.
the extension for the a frame would be  hard to bend but I would like to try. and maybe the measurement of the frame to see if
I need to mod it .

bmsgaffer

You could use some C channel to extend your plow. I think 4.5" is what the distance is, but someone can verify that.