JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

the best after market snowblower belt, what do you use?

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

My single stage takes wheel horse  belt number 9750. Wheel horse belts are getting harder to find. What after market belts do you fellas find best? 

glenn

slammer302

when i don't use wheel horse brand i use gates green belts i was told that the black automotive belts don't hold up very well when being ran on the flat side of the belt but the green ones are more flexible and this has proven to be true i've used both and the black ones cracked out after very little use  

I'm just talking about the gates high power 2 black belts didn't want anyone to think i meant all black belts are bad 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

when i don't use wheel horse brand i use gates green belts i was told that the black automotive belts don't hold up very well when being ran on the flat side of the belt but the green ones are more flexible and this has proven to be true i've used both and the black ones cracked out after very little use  

I'm just talking about the gates high power 2 black belts didn't want anyone to think i meant all black belts are bad 

the gates green belt, is that a # 6969 cross reference? Thanks slammer,
glenn

• Like 1

slammer302

No problem glenn

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I've had great results using TSC's Huskee® Kevlar V-Belts.

• Like 2

slammer302

glenn I checked gates belt 6969 looks to be right

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

glenn I checked gates belt 6969 looks to be right

Thanks again slammer, just got a new one on flea bay for 13 bucks and free shipping, gates green belt 6969......

glennglenn I checked gates belt 6969 looks to be right

hey slammer, thanks again, went to ebay ordered a gates 6969 green belt, 13 bucks with free shipping. What the heck, winter will be here soon enough, i have extra everything for the snowblower now.

glenn

• Like 1

MikesRJ

What Denny said! LOL

PaulC

Glenn while you were on ebay did you check for any Toro belts? I have bought quite a few of brand new toro belts off of ebay now. I have dealt with seller majestichardware quite a few times they seem to always have the belts ive been looking for along with the best price and their service has always been great.

The local used to be wheel horse dealer can still get parts but mainly sources aftermarket stuff through stens. I got a few of the stens belts from them also and they have worked just fine but I haven't had any of my belts nearly long enough to tell if they compare longevity wise. Those belts are about the same money of the Toro ones I find on ebay so I stick to buying the oem Toro belts now.

• Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

I'm with Dennis,  I have had good luck with TSC's Blue Kelvar belts made by Pix.  They are holding up well on my decks and blowers. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Glenn while you were on ebay did you check for any Toro belts? I have bought quite a few of brand new toro belts off of ebay now. I have dealt with seller majestichardware quite a few times they seem to always have the belts ive been looking for along with the best price and their service has always been great.

The local used to be wheel horse dealer can still get parts but mainly sources aftermarket stuff through stens. I got a few of the stens belts from them also and they have worked just fine but I haven't had any of my belts nearly long enough to tell if they compare longevity wise. Those belts are about the same money of the Toro ones I find on ebay so I stick to buying the oem Toro belts now.

hi paul, i have bought many many items from majestic. I thought thier oem belt was pricey. I am allways looking for a deal. Lol All my xtra snowblower stuff is oem, chains, sprockets etc. Must be old age,,,,,,,maybe I will spring for a another belt to.  You getting your abe lincoln ready for action again, snow before ya know it.  Be good.

Glenn

I'm with Dennis,  I have had good luck with TSC's Blue Kelvar belts made by Pix.  They are holding up well on my decks and blowers. 

thanks Kurt, hey did you ever finish your 2 stage rebuild? I remember your were going after A+ work.

Glenn

PaulC

hi paul, i have bought many many items from majestic. I thought thier oem belt was pricey. I am allways looking for a deal. Lol All my xtra snowblower stuff is oem, chains, sprockets etc. Must be old age,,,,,,,maybe I will spring for a another belt to.  You getting your abe lincoln ready for action again, snow before ya know it.  Be good.

Glenn

Ok glad to hear your aware of Majestic theyre one of the first places I check for stuff now. The oem belts are for sure pricy and considering your just adding it to your backup supply I see why you wanted to save some dough. 
Havent thought much about my snow gear yet expanding my garage is on the horizon at the moment, going from 24x20 now to 24x40. I have a mustang, 4 running wheel horses plus lots of attachments and parts, 2 snowmobiles, and all my other crap so saying im in need for more room is and understatement. Once that's complete I will go through everything and get myself ready. Need to be ready before the month of November as im sure you remember last year. I also picked up a plow for this year and an actual wheel horse tall chute from Cutlas(Shawn). Im still going to keep the chute I made and hopefully do some side by side comparisons. I also will be running the blower with a 417 this year as compared to the 312 I had last year so hopefully ill be able to chuck that snow even further!! :laughing-rofl: Another year anything like last ill be able to test all of my equipment many times over.
  • Like 1

squonk

Napa # 5L690W :)

• Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

thanks Kurt, hey did you ever finish your 2 stage rebuild? I remember your were going after A+ work.

Glenn

I'm working on it Glenn,  I just got the frame and body prepped and painted.  The mechanicals are all rebuilt.  A few smaller parts to prep and paint and then it goes back together.  I'll have to post some pics.  I better hurry up, winter is coming and I still have the cab to work on.

Kurt

Edited by Kurt-NEPA
  • Like 1