fireman

New Rules for the 2015 Fall Show in Kent CT. Important! Please read!

fireman

I'm with you Mel. Some people don't have the appreciation for true antique machinery. I only wish I could find some Hit&Miss engines for reasonable prices. I do enjoy the garden tractors too but I have no problem shutting them off and just browsing around. Unfortunately the garden tractors are making up a bigger portion of the field every year. As the more and more older guys who have been collecting the old machinery and Hit&Miss engines for years die off, there aren't enough younger generation picking up the interest. I fear within 20 to 30 years they will become almost extinct. At least in this part of the country. As I have been traveling all over the country for the last few years camping, I have noticed that in the south and middle states, there is still a strong interest with the next generation and I only hope it stays that way. I am probably going to the fall show this year but I'm not bringing anything but a pocket full of cash to see what I can find in the vendors area :music-rockon:.

• Like 1

fireman

Well I went to the Kent Show today. Got there around 30 minutes after they opened and had to park farther in the field then I ever had to before. It was jam packed. Seems to be getting bigger ever year. Didn't bring any tractors. Just walked around with my 2 sons. Ran into Jason from New Hartford and talked with him for a while. Vendor section seemed to be about same as usual. Did end up getting something I've been looking for. Not quite exactly the Hit & Miss motor I wanted but it is complete, runs great and the price was very right.

It's a 1929 Maytag Model 92.

IMG_0284.thumb.JPG.7b8a3e4ad7aafda082046

IMG_0285.thumb.JPG.f3ce070a21929ad347e28

IMG_0286.thumb.JPG.d62c5b76a86d4cfbba670

SALTYWRIGHT
VERY NICE JEFF. I WAS THERE FROM 8:30 TO 9:30. I HAD MY DIESEL AND MY HANDICAP CARD SO NOBODY STOPPED ME. SORRY I MISSED YOU.   RUSS

fireman

I didn't get there until about 10:30 Russ. I only briefly walked through the grass field area. Spent most of the time in the vendor area and talking with a few people that I knew. Was told by some vendors that Friday was very busy for them. It seemed to be a little picked over by Friday. I was lucky to get the Maytag. Actually for the price I paid I'm shocked it was still there!

KC9KAS

One of the antique tractor/steam/horse drawn equipment/flea market/GT shows I attend has a GT/Golf Cart policy that says you have to have $500,000.00 liability and PROOF with you in order to drive at their show.
Needless to say, I walk!!
They do not allow "riding" in the flea market area.....unless you are handicapped and have a mobility chair.