Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

Are there different tiller tines lengths?

jerrell

:hide: When i bought the C-175 and tiller, i was tilling and noticed the the tines was pushing the tractor when in gear, and did not do a good job of tilling, so i twisted the belt,(made a figure 8 out of it) the blades turned backward and i had to swap sides with the tines, and it worked great, pulled on the tractor and dug deeper, Yesterday i plowed the garden area again and increased the area by half, now about 1/2 acre, i used the belarus tractor and the big plow went down at least 14 inches

I want to use the tiller to get it ready for spring. and i want it to spin faster and go deeper

Do they make different tines, ,longer so they will dig deeper, ?

Can i change the tiller drive pulley to a larger one and make it spin

faster? :hide::D

(Oh yeah guys, here it is 65 an sunny down to upper 40's during nite) i see all that snow up in MI and NY Brrrrrr

oldandred

I see it a hydro how fast were you going

Teddy da Bear

You have to get a "smaller" pulley to make it go faster....

(on the tiller end)

But if you should be able to get a smaller pulley on the

tiller drive. You will have to put a larger idler pulley on

the tiller in front of the smaller one to keep the belt from

falling off and the geometry must be kept the same to

allow clearance for the belt around the axle.

And I am not aware of longer length tines. You have to

take into account that if your lengthen them.....they may

impact the inside of the tiller housing.

I find that by going over the ground twice...the tiller digs

a little deeper.

ol550

i want it to spin faster and go deeper

I think we had this discussion before. :D Wasn't that what Adam wanted? :hide:

linen beige

I think we had this discussion before. :hide: Wasn't that what Adam wanted? :hide:

Close, He wanted Eve to spin faster and she wanted him to go deeper. :D

It might be difficult to find a smaller pulley that will work on the tiller to make it turn faster, but you may find a larger one for the engine end. That would do the same thing. I'm not so sure that the tiller's gearbox would be up to higher revs for extended periods of time though.

jerrell

:hide: i can find a pully very easy, wwgranger has any size of pully that you can want. just take the old one and they match it to what you want.

What i was trying to do , i have the soil loose, i plowed it about 14 in, deep and want to level it out now with the tiller, the tiller is going down so the bottom of the gear case is in the dirt, i just wanted it to go deeper. with the tines turning in reverse the tiller does an excellent job of throwing the grass and roots on top of the ground. then i rake it and burn, i have a problem with sage grass and bermuta crass and have to till regularly. i have a truck load of chicken litter coming and want to till it in.

Nick

Getting the belt length right after installing a smaller pulley might be harder than finding the pulley. :hide: Im no Gardener/farmer but I would guess tilling 4" to 6" deep should be plenty. :D Whatever ya do dont forget to take some pictures.

Yesterday our high was 34 and this morning I think it was 25 here in Ohio.

mcwh1950

:hide: i can find a pully very easy, wwgranger has any size of pully that you can want. just take the old one and they match it to what you want.

What i was trying to do , i have the soil loose, i plowed it about 14 in, deep and want to level it out now with the tiller, the tiller is going down so the bottom of the gear case is in the dirt, i just wanted it to go deeper. with the tines turning in reverse the tiller does an excellent job of throwing the grass and roots on top of the ground. then i rake it and burn, i have a problem with sage grass and bermuta crass and have to till regularly. i have a truck load of chicken litter coming and want to till it in.

i hope it is not to hot all hot chick liquid will {kill all cover] just put it on for the winter,, and start over in the spring.. [ turn it over again] if you burn do not burn in the garden ,,