bchannell

Need new seat for C141

bchannell

As I posted earlier, I just started my WH collection with a nice C141, piced below. Well everything is going great except for one thing that simply has to be remedied. I mowed with it for the first time and WHOA!!!! BABY, is that seat SLICK! I mean, I almost slid right off onto the lawn a time or two.
Do any of you have any good suggestions for a mid back or high back seat. I don't want to get another slick one, and I've looked at Northern Tool and found a couple I like the looks of.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200490177_200490177

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200519222_200519222    I like this one

PHOTO_20150808_153840.jpg

slammer302

I would look for seats that are made of rubber instead of vinyl i bought my dad a new seat for his wheel horse one year and it was made of rubber molded over a metal seat pan and my but was almost stuck to it while mowing 

bmsgaffer

There's a GOOD chance that they used armor-all (Or similar silicone stuff) on that seat. That stuff looks great but people forget to not use it on seat, footrests, steering wheels and other important surfaces. My BIL bought a 522xi and I think they dunked the whole darn thing in armor all to make it "look pretty". It looked aweful and took a month of sundays to get it to the point you did not feel like you were trying to sit on a slip-n-slide.

Before buying a new one, try washing it with dawn. It will eventually wear off and be more manageable, but the dawn may help. Whenever cleaning it, use a non silicone vinyl restorer on the seat. I have yet to buy one though so I have no recommendations other than NOT silicone.

• Like 1

Tankman

I would look for seats that are made of rubber instead of vinyl i bought my dad a new seat for his wheel horse one year and it was made of rubber molded over a metal seat pan and my but was almost stuck to it while mowing 

The TSC seats are rubber and water doesn't bother them. The covering is easily removed.

:text-yeahthat: