Sign in to follow this  
butryn5

tire chains

butryn5

I have a 520h with a snow blower and i was wondering if i needed tire chains with my wheel weights? I live in pa we get some good snow fall

dgjks6

I personally have never tried it, but I bought a plow from a guy with weights and chains and he had a 520. The wheel weights were unopened after 10+ years, but he always used the chains. He was also from PA.

Greg

butryn5

thanks greg im new to this tractor any help is great

mailman

I would definately go with the chains.

As far as weights are concerned, it's all relative. Some of us have built in weights wherever we go. :hide:

Sparky

You definately need the weights. When the blower is up the rear tires will have very little weight on em. I have allways used chains with my blower tractor but this year my driveway was paved so I'm gonne try and snow-blow with just weights and no chains. I used to use 50# weights on each rear rim but this year I have 84#s on each to try and make up for no chains.

Mike..........

Duff

butryn5, where are our manners?

:D

Glad to have you among us!

Duff :hide:

pond195520032003

:D Butryn5 :hide: i dont own a snow blower, but have a snow blade's on my tractors :omg: i dont have chains on either one of my tractors, but my 1075 has duall wheels with ag tires and weights under the seat :party: also my D-200 has ag tires all around, filleds tires(all), and has weights front(25# each) and rear(2-pair at 100# each side) and i dont have a problem! :omg::D but chains will definitly help as most of the time you get better tracton and doubles the tracton verses without! also depends on terrain :hide:

butryn5

Thanks gentelmen for the welcome. This site is full of info you guys thank you for your input glad to be a member. :banana:

ol550

I use a Workhorse 700 with the narrow (snow) tire with a blade on a paved

driveway and lots of weight in the seat. :D Very little problems unless there

is a inch of ice under the snow. The tires are 40 yrs old and rock hard so they work like chains. :hide: Mike

dgjks6

I now have and answer after plowing today with and without chains (a long story - don't ask) - and there is a difference. I have a very steep driveway and without chains if there is a lot of snow in front of the plow, then the tires slip - even in low first gear. However - on relatively flat areas I did not notice a difference.

Greg