Rob.A.700

Thoughts / stories on the 6 series (605, 655, etc)

Rob.A.700

Thanks to my friends here at Red Square you helped me come to the reasonable conclusion that my wheel horse is a member of the 6 series. I will never be 100% certain. I have been browsing the forum looking for stories and other bits and pieces of info, but I have not seen much. They almost seem like the middle child between the older RJs and the later d and c series. I should have the old girl running soon, and look forward to putting it to work. And any info on what attachments and mower decks that work with them is greatly appriciated. Thanks again!

07282015653.jpg

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Rob, good luck on your adventure. Will be following along.

Glenn

• Like 1

Sprocket

Well I have a 607
6 = HP on the engine and a crack at the manufacturer
0 = manual start (5 = it's electric, bogey oogey oogey oogey - for those of you that get that joke)
7 = year of manufacture

That said there's a lot of clues you don't know you have yet - If I may speak as a new guy around here.

Oh - Welcome to RS!  So much info here it hurts the brain at times but these guys are most excellent when it comes to info.
I used to have a TJ too - miss that machine...greatly

Start taking pictures of the dashboard, the engine, the attachments and so on.  Are there areas that are painted over that look like a decal was there?  Could be a clue - and so on.

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher
:USA::wh: Rob if you need part #`s for the engine I have them other than that enjoy the tractor. Clean it up to see if any leaks. Gary   B.
  • Like 1

Rob.A.700

I started a thread about a week ago to identify it but and I was lead down the right track but the serial number tag is gone so i will never know. And what you see there is all i got.

Well I have a 607
6 = HP on the engine and a crack at the manufacturer
0 = manual start (5 = it's electric, bogey oogey oogey oogey - for those of you that get that joke)
7 = year of manufacture

That said there's a lot of clues you don't know you have yet - If I may speak as a new guy around here.

Oh - Welcome to RS!  So much info here it hurts the brain at times but these guys are most excellent when it comes to info.
I used to have a TJ too - miss that machine...greatly

Start taking pictures of the dashboard, the engine, the attachments and so on.  Are there areas that are painted over that look like a decal was there?  Could be a clue - and so on.

Good guess on the TJ, I love that thing! I fear the day we have to part ways.

Edited by Rob.A.700

Rob.A.700

Just an update I found the carb that I needed cleaned it up bolted it on, and with a little cobbing got it to run and drove it around for the first time. Now to make the set up a little more permanent!!:woohoo: 

Rob.A.700

Another update visited a buddy who had a stash of old wheel horses yielded some much needed parts!! The hood latch and ornament and the rear hitch.08082015669.jpg.533765926ee3abb41fee18f008082015668.jpg.129b1d49c9bffa47cf57e39c

Edited by Rob.A.700