alswagg

D series mower problems

alswagg

i have a few D 180's.  Two I have 48" mower decks.  The "ugly" d has turf tired and mows great never a problem.  The other is a 180 with a 20 hp Kohler with 26" ags.  The problem with this tractor the left tires hits the mower wheel sometimes very hard almost runs over the little wheel.  The mower is installed correctly but the clearance from the ags to the mower wheels is very close.  Say 1/4" to 1/2" max.  Does anyone else have problems with mower clearance while using ag tires?  I want to keep the ags as I also use this tractor with the 54" grader blade.   Oh I am running liquid in the tired with 5 psi of pressure.  Same as ugly d with turf tires.  

gwest_ca

Have you ever switched mowers/tractors to see if the problem follows the mower?

Garry

alswagg

I should have mentioned that.  Yes I have switched mower decks.  Plus tried a third.  It just seems like the 26" ags are larger than the 26" turfs. If the mower deck was wider the problem would be non existent. 

pacer

Tire mfgrs seem to sometimes just guess at the size, with differences of maybe 2" in different given sizes. Take a measurement of your 2 tires and compare, just might be they are different sizes. I have 4 D's with 3 having the 48" decks and have never had a problem.

• Like 1