Bobster

Wheel Stuck

Bobster

I have a rear wheel that is stuck solid to the hub.  I wanted to take both rear wheels off and spin and flush tranny.  Cant get the rear wheel to break free.  PB Blaster, BFH and large screwdriver is not getting the job done.

slammer302

I get the biggest hammer I have and hit the tire a few times and it usually breaks loose Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

sorekiwi

Loosen the lug nuts a bit, and drive the tractor in tight circles.

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

I have resorted to a hydraulic bottle jack and a block of wood between the wheels to apply some pressure, then shock it with the BFH.

• Like 3

jimt1971

Slam hammer.

shallowwatersailor

Loosen the lug nuts a bit, and drive the tractor in tight circles.

Like Mike suggested, loosen the lugbolts and drive the tractor.

I had a lugbolt one time so tight that I unfortunately rounded the head using an impact wrench. After using PB Blaster and driving on it with the other four lugbolts just finger tight, I drilled the head and was able to turn it off with my fingers.

JAinVA

If you can remove the hub from the axle,you could lay the wheel outside up and hit the hub with a solid object to loosen it from the wheel.It would make damaging any internal trans parts much less likely than trying to pry or hammer the wheel off mounted to the tractor.Luk,JAinVA

• Like 1

can whlvr

never heard of a rim seizing on the hub,must have never been off

Bobster

Thanks for all the ideas.  Driving in circle was not an option since the tractor is not in running condition yet.  I finally put a bottle jack between the wheel and hitch.  Finally popped off.  Got it flushed out.  Drive belt and clutch spring installed.  Gotta pick up some tranny oil tomorrow.  How much do I need?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

If it is a manual transmission, it will take 1 1/2 to 2 qts.  :)

tunahead72

I could easily be missing something here, but why did you need to remove the wheels at all, just to flush the tranny? :dunno:

And what tractor are you working on?

Bobster

Didn't really need to remove wheels but wanted to.  Waned to clean up the brake system while working on it.   It's one of my 2 - 857.

diamondred

Just an idea for the future, make a puller and use the holes in the wheel where the wheel weights mount, and push against the hub strategically with a bottle jack...  

• Like 1