:bow-blue:  Worship the Beast !!!

• Like 3

Bert

The Beast will be there!!!

FH5.jpg

at a loss for words :bow-blue:

• Like 1

vinceo

Wow is that a horse or a dog, bull dog that is! 

Nice tractor! Looks like 4 people are coming with me. Looking forward to this. Been a long hot summer for us in the mower shop this year! 

• Like 2

Aldon

Hopefully this becomes an annual event as it appears more and more likely I will have to miss this it this time around.

• Like 1

Bert

Hopefully this becomes an annual event as it appears more and more likely I will have to miss this it this time around.

sorry to hear this, But I understand how difficult it is to travel for events. 
Our goal is a spring and fall gathering every year if there is enough interest.........
keep in touch and if you'd like we could attempt to plan a spring meet n greet that fits your calendar as well as others :)

Edited by Bert
  • Like 3

Aldon

Early October is tough but it may still work out. I have family in Virginia so I will make it to one of them. Need to visit the old stomping grounds, 

• Like 2

JPWH

I was all set to attend but I couldn't convince my wife it would be as much fun as a week at the beach. We always take the week of the 9th for our anniversary. Sorry to have to miss this event.

• Like 2

vinceo

Hank I tend to be the court jester at many events. Weather people are picking on me, or a joke being played on me or me playing one on them. Tell her you gotta see it! Also tell her if shes comes Ill lay by the pool and let her push me in, that would be the same as watching green peace saving a whale! Lmao im looking forward to this! I know the guys at work are too!

The last one was our shop stupervisor bought a c model from another guy in the shop. It has a nos eng on it, maybe 5 hrs of run time on it. His dad was coming up to look at it so at lunch I sprayed a half a can of wd 40 down the muffler! You should have seen his face when he started it for his dad! Oh Im so bad! 

• Like 1

Bert

I wanted to keep yall updated, as of now the porta john has been arranged and we are mostly ready:woohoo:
I'm looking forward to this and hope everyone enjoys:)

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
All good on my end still. I think James is going to have to back out due to other obligations beyond his control.
  • Like 1

vinceo

Im ready! I had to run up to Ardin the other day to Peco Vac and get a couple of baggers and the cool crisp air told me it was getting close to show time again! Im hoping the boys soccer games wont interfere, but Im sure I can get them covered. How many that are coming here also go to the Ardin show? 

• Like 2

953 nut

First weekend of October is only a week and a half away.     :woohoo:       Bert, glad to hear you have the port-a-potties lined up! Have you come up with a list of things we can bring along to help out? We don't want to have you doing all the work.

Vince, I too am a regular at the Ardin show, generally go on Friday to avoid the crowd on Saturday.

• Like 1

Bert

First weekend of October is only a week and a half away.     :woohoo:       Bert, glad to hear you have the port-a-potties lined up! Have you come up with a list of things we can bring along to help out? We don't want to have you doing all the work.

Thanks, I think we're set other then lawn chairs. It may not be a bad idea to bring your own seats. :)

• Like 1

Bert

The count down is on :woohoo:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
Gang, I just checked the weather forcast for Rutherfordton and it looks like the rain chances are 80% for Saturday and 70% for Sunday. This is preceded by rain all week and more expected rain on Monday.
Bert and Linder, are you thinking of maybe moving the date of the meet and greet to later in the month when it is hopefully drier and not raining?
  • Like 1

Bert
Gang, I just checked the weather forcast for Rutherfordton and it looks like the rain chances are 80% for Saturday and 70% for Sunday. This is preceded by rain all week and more expected rain on Monday.
Bert and Linder, are you thinking of maybe moving the date of the meet and greet to later in the month when it is hopefully drier and not raining?

Idk? Any opinions out there? 

• Like 2

Ponder

Due to the tremendous amount of precipitation headed this way over the next several days, I think it would be a wise decision to postpone it to a later/drier date.

• Like 2

rtfbg

Not feeling so hot down  here, a later date would be good for me too!!!

• Like 1

Red Horse

Might want to wait until Thursday.    Rain has stopped and a cold front is supposed to come through. I don't know about the rest of you but there have been a lot of times when the forecasters have been waaaaaay off.   Your call.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Might want to wait until Thursday.    Rain has stopped and a cold front is supposed to come through. I don't know about the rest of you but there have been a lot of times when the forecasters have been waaaaaay off.   Your call.

Good idea to wait until Thursday, but I just checked the weather again and the forcast is Friday Rain 80%, Saturday Rain 100%, Sunday Rain 90%. 
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
Oh, Gulftane thank you for letting us know how you are feeling. Hang in there and I hope you begin feeling better soon friend :)

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 2

953 nut

Looks like Hurricane Joaquin is planning on raining on our parade. :twocents-02cents: Weekend of the 17th may be an alternative, Apple Country Antique T&E show is the following weekend and we are out of town the following two weekends. Also, Daylight savings time ends in early November.

• Like 1

vinceo

Bert, I feel your pain setting up something only to have Mother Nature show her hand! 

On another note I will not be able to attend this event. Long story short, some side effects from moms meds are playing hell on her kidneys and i dont want to be far from her. Shes been in the hosp 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I was so looking towards this, but mom comes first. 

Now some of of my coworkers are going. Heads up, if the big fat guy with a corvare shows up, he likes to buy stuff! Hehehe, sucker!

• Like 1

rtfbg

In case you guys are not familiar with huricane verbaige, the "cone' shape area showing the storm path is called the "Cone of Uncertainty" basically, the storm could track anywhere in that cone.  It's center track is their best guess, the edges are their WAGs basically.  This is the years biggest storm in the Atlantic.  Don't take it lightly if you are near the cone.  PLUS remember, this storm is currently 400 miles wide!!!  Even if you're not in the cone you may still feel effects!!

at201511_5day.gif

Here's a pic that shows the current size, if placed over Florida, ot covers the entire state!!!  

at201511_sat.jpg

JPWH

If the date changes I may be able to enjoy the festivities.