larpa47

My "NEW" B111

larpa47

Purchased this at the end of March and completed it the day after Memorial Day!!  Quite an experience since I'd never done anything like this before!!  I found a green dump cart and painted it to match and applied WH decals. I'm hoping the weather's good this weekend so I can take it to the show in Biglerville!!!!

WH_Orig_4.thumb.jpg.eee0aacbf16dfa209e3fWH_WIP_7.thumb.jpg.4ebaaa949d2d941a2ef90WH_WIP_10.thumb.jpg.763c950a668522232edfWH_Finished_1.thumb.jpg.2ef059c37ffa2647WH_Finished_Rig_3.thumb.jpg.3c0bed01eaa4

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob
:WRS:Nice job! The tractor and the cart look great. I'll be looking for it at the show.

shallowwatersailor

Nice job! What a world of difference. I love seeing before and after shots.

ronwh

Welcome to Red Square, nice job, just want to warn you there will be more in your future.

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square...what a difference some TLC makes.  The horse looks great.  Stop by at the show and say hi.  :)

AMC RULES
Nicely done, can't wait to see it first hand, at the :wh: show. 
                         :WRS:

larpa47

Thank you to all who replied.  The reward for the hard work is worth it.  It's not a show piece, but isn't bad.  I really enjoyed watching WH_WIP_3.thumb.jpg.05c681807ed25c7e7947aWH_WIP_12.thumb.jpg.2c4f2d507d20012508c9WH_Finished_3.thumb.jpg.18254cb22d62f54dWH_Finished_2.thumb.jpg.f5b12fd6edbbc899the progress I made each day I worked on it.  Here are a few more pictures.  Thanks, again!!!!!

Ed Kennell

Nice.... Although I've never seen a horse laying on his side like that.  :wacko:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the  :rs:   See ya at the show.

• Like 1

larpa47
WH_WIP_2.thumb.jpg.274f233a4399355cc4acbWH_WIP_4.thumb.jpg.4ea96154d6c2298627898WH_WIP_9.thumb.jpg.fdcdbcef7356bd6cecb39 Edited by larpa47
  • Like 1

Brian01

What pint did you use? Rattle can or spray with hardener?

larpa47

Sorry this took so long.  I used Rustoleum Regal Red rattle cans--a bunch of 'em!!!  These pictures are after I restored a deck I found 5 miles from home!!!!

New Old Deck 4.jpg

New Old Deck 1.jpg

New Old Deck 3.jpg

• Like 3

Alan173

EXCELLENT restoration!  Where did you get the hood decals that say B111 'SIX SPEED'......

Alan

larpa47

Thank  you, Alan.  I finished this on memorial day, 2015.  I had to sell it last year when we moved (no stable room for the horse).  It was really a fun project and I was pleased with the way it turned out, especially using spray cans.  Probably used a dozen.  I got the decals from redoyourhorse.com.  Click on the 1974-1979 tab, then the 1979 tab.  Scroll down to the B-81 six speed.  You'll see it's actually the B-111 decal.  I got all my decals from that site.  In fact, I took the tractor to the show near Gettysburg in June of 2015 and met the owner of the site.  He actually asked me to park it by his stand so people could see his decals on a finished product.  That made me feel really good about the restoration!  Have a good day

Larry

Alan173
10 hours ago, larpa47 said:

Thank  you, Alan.  I finished this on memorial day, 2015.  I had to sell it last year when we moved (no stable room for the horse).  It was really a fun project and I was pleased with the way it turned out, especially using spray cans.  Probably used a dozen.  I got the decals from redoyourhorse.com.  Click on the 1974-1979 tab, then the 1979 tab.  Scroll down to the B-81 six speed.  You'll see it's actually the B-111 decal.  I got all my decals from that site.  In fact, I took the tractor to the show near Gettysburg in June of 2015 and met the owner of the site.  He actually asked me to park it by his stand so people could see his decals on a finished product.  That made me feel really good about the restoration!  Have a good day

Larry

Thanks Larry for the response!  I checked that website but he must have it corrected now...when you click on the B-81 you now get the B-81 decal set picture.  I have sent a message and hopefully they still have the B-111 set available - fingers crossed!  Too bad you had to sell that wonderful tractor!  If you don't mind me asking - was the replacement seat able to bolt up without any modifications?  If so do you remember where you purchased it from?  It is one of the better looking replacement seats out there.  ~ Alan  

larpa47

Actually the seat is a cover.  I have a friend who restores Farmall tractors. He also works on pretty much anything else.  There was a garden tractor there that the owner hadn't been heard from in years.  The cover (pretty hard cover) from that seat fit the seat on the horse perfectly.  Just a lucky catch.  Look around at someone who works on that sort of thing and you may get lucky as well!!  Wonder why on the redo site when you click on the B-81 decal it says B-111 but is the B-81?!?!?