gsummers

Tiller spring bracket

gsummers

Hello, I just picked up a tiller for my 312-8, it is model #79370. It is missing the spring retainer that bolts on the axle bracket. A small piece of angle iron, Looks to be about 3" long or so. They want $20.00 for a new one, I can make one very easy, Does any one have the exact dimensions for this part?
 It is part #104448 or #108485.
Thanks, Greg

Racinbob

Wow! $20 for a short piece of angle iron. That's nuts. Just the other day I was checking parts for a snow blade and I wasn't only surprised at what they cost I was disgusted. I don't have the dimensions but I can tell you that being exact isn't critical at all with this part. Match up the holes to bolt the bracket on the axle and drill a hole for the spring. Maybe make it about an inch longer than the piece on the other side.

312Hydro

3/16th angle 1 1/2" X 1 1/2"  5 inches long.
Hole for spring in rear top. Guessing 1/4" 

Edited by 312Hydro

gsummers

Thanks 312Hydro, found a piece of angle iron at work today just about that size. Just drill some holes and I am all set.

• Like 1

MalMac

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have to agree with Racinbob. The Toro prices are so far out of line that's it's discussing.  I know the whole supply and demand thing. Still it's absolutely terrible what Toro has done with prices. I know Toro has done a good job of keeping parts around but the prices are have gone up well past the what would be an acceptable pricing for parts on discontinued models. I myself and know of other Wheel a Horse enthusiast have turned away from buying Toro only parts even though it's needed because of price. Now as to the Orginal post here, yes make your own. I did just that for mine. Ok I am done now. Just this Toro price thing strikes a nerve ever time I see someone mention it.