whtractors24

value of this machine ?

whtractors24

In all seriousness i am curious to what the right collector value on my n.o.s 1972 raider 14 is?
Or
How many machines In trade that are original or restored you'd take if it were yours ?

This is a curiosity I know what i paid but there is a diffrent answer from diffrent collectors.

20150523_191802_zpszn8gyex6.jpg

20150523_191814_zpspb88yz6h.jpg

Edited by whtractors24
misspelled
  • Like 1

KC9KAS

I sure hope you don't get upset if folks post what they think it is worth but it is way lower than what you paid!
On the other side of the coin, if someone puts a value out that is MORE than you paid, will you sell it to them?
I know I would feel really bad if I paid $100 for something and everybody said it was worth $10!

This is almost like a "what is this GT worth" thread.

RedRanger

I'll give you $75 for the headlight lens.  :ychain:

Nice ride.  I'd be interested to hear opinions on this too.  You know, I bet she's just itching to get out and get dirty.

elliot ness

Nice W/H, It's worth what ever you were willing to give. That's if you are going to keep it and not use it, If you bought it for a user, well 900.00 to 1200.00 ?

• Like 1

Terry M

I'm far from knowing anything about the value in $$ of such a machine.........But If I had to....I would guess $3500- $4000....    But it's also nice just to stare at you pics for free..:)  Nice Tractor!!

• Like 2

Tankman

Whatever you paid, worth it to you. Nice Horse and congrats on the find. 

muz123

I'd say $2,500?

can whlvr

priceless :notworthy:

• Like 1

steve k

I was going to say $1000 right in line with elliot.     It is nice no question but probably a narrow market. 

Ken B

3 grand maybe. I think it was you that told me an NOS 420 sold for 4500 so that is what I'm going by. The Raider is wicked nice but it ain't an NOS 420 with all that Chrome, the leather seat, the 20 hp Kohler and the limited run of roughly 200 made on the 420 there has got to be a 1500 dollar difference between the two. I think the Raider can be duplicated for probably 1500 bucks if a guy wanted to do one and if he did all the work himself. Naturally it won't be NOS. I wouldn't want to be the guy that sells an NOS tractor to someone that thinks it would be fun to cut their grass with it. Even though that is what they were made for it would be a shame to see that happen after all these yrs of it remaining MINT. At the end of the day who really knows how to value an NOS tractor, I think the only guy that can tell you that is the guy that is serious about buying one...

• Like 4

Ken B

I was going to say $1000 right in line with elliot.     It is nice no question but probably a narrow market. 

​1000 bucks for a mint NOS Raider 14? I'm not full of money but for that price I'll take 5 of em...

• Like 5

wallfish

It's gotta be worth more than a grand. I've seen NOS mower decks sell for $600 or more. I'm in the $2500 area as a guess.

Sparky

Might be hard to turn a profit on this one. The gas in a V-8 pickup to get 2000 miles from home and back (not really sure how far you had to go) rental cost of that truck plus tolls, food stops.. .etc....add to the cost of that tractor.
I'm at around $2000-$2500.
Mike........

• Like 2

Racinbob

I agree Mike. No profit. But if a person was looking for a quality user it's leaps and bounds above what $2500 will buy new today. This is a tough one to value.

• Like 1

Terry M

Might be hard to turn a profit on this one. The gas in a V-8 pickup to get 2000 miles from home and back (not really sure how far you had to go) rental cost of that truck plus tolls, food stops.. .etc....add to the cost of that tractor.
Mike........

I agree Mike. No profit. But if a person was looking for a quality user it's leaps and bounds above what $2500 will buy new today. This is a tough one to value.

​I agree..I was just guessing with the idea as if it were maybe in my neighborhood....Like I said though, Nice Tractor:handgestures-thumbupright:

whtractors24

Thanks guys it will stay right here maybe some one will offer the right tractors some day in trade .... if not I'm ok with drooling on it.

20150525_211346_zpstnxuunea.jpg

• Like 1

whtractors24

Mike........

Mike 20 miles per gallon with thay hemi..... believe it or not.... and that's beaten on it ...lol.

c-series don

Ok are you sure you can't bring this to the show so we can all droll over it? We really need to see this. Some people come there with deep pockets.....not me but some people !!!

Ken B

I'm pretty sure drool on the paint will add some serious de-value factor to the equation...:)

• Like 2

whtractors24

Show is our of question this year :/ bought a new home and usey vacation time.... ken we have some talking to do ...

stevasaurus

There are all kinds of people that get into this hobby.  Some like to collect the NOS horses, some like to just collect horses, some like to flip and part them out, some like (me) like to just go to shows, see the people and keep what I have running,   An NOS tractor is not for me, I have no where to keep it out of harms way, and I would trip over something with tools in my arms and dent the hood.  I am one of those guys that just can't have nothing nice...for long. :)  I envy those that can collect NOS stuff, and I really enjoy being able to see one once in a while...and I have seen this one.  If you like to collect this kind of thing, you really can't count the time and gas and what ever else it took to get it.  You did not buy it to sell it.  If it was mine, it would be down here in the man cave, so I could enjoy it and show it off. 

What is it worth...price less.  :eusa-think:

• Like 8

rexman72

its just like someone that builds a car for themselves and they find out they can only get half of what they put into it.Three has to be a buyer and a seller.I think thats one heck of a good looking tractor.

WHX??

If it were mine I would not take a penny  less than $3500, unless I was REALLY hungry. :snooty: If nobody likes my price i would have it buried with me sittin on it.  Of course if someone had a '59 RJ to trade, that a different story... i might dicker a little.

WH nut

Oh he wont keep it, Its already for sell all over the place and he isn't liking the comments

truckin88

I think you will do better on trades, from a WH guy who really wants it, the market is to narrow. If it was a 420 or a 520-8 if would be different. You may get insulted by monetary offers. Your major selling point is the nos factor, hopefully you have documentation. Good luck what ever you decide. It sure is pretty!

Edited by truckin88
  • Like 2