whfan74

Newest additions

whfan74

href="/monthly_2015_05/image.jpg.ad65968e5822cab463945fd518c6a75f.jpg"> image.thumb.jpg.6b252ed19cbfd993b807be28image.thumb.jpg.616cca6af0c8b890df9d503fThought I would share my newest twins that I have adopted over the past year.  These both need some TLC, but through my research, there was only 30 painted with this color scheme.  Hoping to get one up and going soon and then take my time in getting the other one in better shape.  The only thing I am missing is the polo shirt and hat I believe.  If anyone has any leads on some of the items, please let me know.

i do have the dealer poster already hanging in the barn.  If you notice they have some differences in the flames while one tractor is a 15-38 and the other is a 16-44.

• Like 6

AMC RULES
Nice twin set there Scott...   :thumbs:
bet you're the only one who has two of those. 

boovuc

A gentleman in the neighborhood i used to live in had one. I thought he did the paint job or it was something he won. never knew WH/Toro did a scheme like that! Nice find! 

Terry M

A gentleman in the neighborhood i used to live in had one. I thought he did the paint job or it was something he won. never knew WH/Toro did a scheme like that! Nice find! 

​I thought the same thing!!   Were these tractors given to dealers for advertising ??or something else??   

stratostar250

Awesome pair!  I love that ad! :laughing-rofl:

whfan74

From my understanding is that dealers had to pay $1500 for the display to help with the promotion that Toro was having. The tractors were complete, minus an engine.  It is my understanding that many had an engine installed so that the dealer could then sell it as a functioning mower and recoup some of their costs.  The Lawn & Garden Tractor magazine covered some of the history in a previous issue.

• Like 2

muz123

Nice set!

jackhammer

Great story to know ,, I also thought they were custom painted --   I guess that was a sign of the changing times

Thanks Scott

857 horse
CANT SAY I'VE EVER SAW THIS PAINT JOB BEFORE
I AGREE,,,,THEY ALMOST LOOK LIKE ONE OFFS..UNLESS YOU SEE 2 SIDE BY SIDE...
BUT,,,,ALL IN ALL,,,WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE
SOMETHING IS VERY EVEDENT
MY 12X17 SHED ISNT ,,,,WELL
IM GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT,,,,
GREAT FIND.....