rpilote

No hydraulics

rpilote

Hi, new to this site, but not new to WH..I have owned 2 GT14's and a 520H..I just purchased a D180 where the hydraulics failed completely, and suddenly without warning. I am picking it up saturday, and just looking for suggestions on where to start. Thanks in advance folks..Rich--The coupler appears to be intact and functioning

can whlvr

could be an internal failure,heres a pic of inside my Sundstrand a few years back,it just suddenly stopped,the drive and lift cylinder

006-3.jpg

008-5.jpg

pfrederi

Can you push it with the push valve closed???  In any event download the Sundstrand manual from here and follow the diagnostic section.

rpilote

The problem is stripped splines on the pump shaft. Coupler is perfect. Seems odd that the hub would be hardened and the pump shaft isnt. If the coupler was not hardened  it would be alot cheaper and easier to replace instead of the pump. Anyway, the shaft is drilled and I will try pinning it. Will let all know if this works. Rich

19richie66

I have an old pump if you need anything out of it. Let me know.

rpilote

Thanks, will let you know..Rich

redhead

I have an old pump if you need anything out of it. Let me know.

Would you happen to have a motor shaft for Sundstrand that goes on C-141,. It is Sundstrand hydro 90-1173. If so how much would you take for it. E-Mail me at  larry.leasure@frontier.com            THANKS

19richie66

Sorry I dont.

rpilote

Ok, I put a setscrew in and added JB weld to the hole drilled in the shaft. Let it sit for 24 hours, and seems to hold fine. I have another question, does the 75 D180 have a braking system? When I depress the brake, the forward control comes back as it did on my 520H, However, the tractor continues to roll, even with the parking brake engaged. What am I missing? Thanks for all the help..Rich

pfrederi

All the foot brake pedal does is move the motion control lever to the neutral position. The hydro provides the braking action.  All the older WH Sundstrand hydos worked this way (Chargers electros etc..  It wasn't until later that they added a physical band brake.  If you do not stop it could be your linkages are out of adjustment or that the hydro itself is weak.

Parking brake is not for stopping the tractor.  People use it for that and it breaks the parking pawl in the rear end. That can release metal shavings/bits that cause wear and a weak hydro.

rpilote

Thanks, the tractor creeps quite a bit when in neutral position, so I will need to adjust that..Thanks