Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Fall Trail Ride

Sparky

Out behind my house is propery owned by Tony (docwheelhorse). We have over the years made a trail thats just over a mile long and it gets plenty of tractor, quad, dog, and foot traffic. I took a ride today and decided to document it for you guys.

The tractor I use is the only one of my tractors to ever see woods usage. It was built from many differant tractor parts. I posted this type of stuff on another tractor group once and was blasted by people who thought I didnt deserve to own a tractor because of the way I was using this one. Hopefully I wont see that type of responce here.

Mike........

First pic is leaving my backyard heading into the woods.

TrailRide003.jpg

Next is the head of the trail.

TrailRide004.jpg

Partway down the beginning of the trail

TrailRide006.jpg

This is a small stream that must be crossed to get to the back of the property.

TrailRide008.jpg

TrailRide009.jpg

If you look closely you can see a small cave. So far nothing with big sharp teeth has come out of it at me....but I allways keep my eyes open.

TrailRide012.jpg

Nice vantage point to stop and look around. Allways leave your tractor in gear at this spot.

TrailRide015.jpg

TrailRide021.jpg

A bit of sticky mud is allways fun to navigate thru.

TrailRide025.jpg

Posing in the stream on the way back.

TrailRide028.jpg

Ahhh...home sweet home. The trusty horse allways gets me back safely.

TrailRide002.jpg

• Like 1

sorekiwi

Nice little adventure Sparky.

Dont think I'd attempt that trip on a Tecumseh powered machine....

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike, I took my 418-A out like you did on a Fall trail ride in the woods around trees and back to our house . Ben....... :horseplay:

HorseFixer

Mike whats in the Ammo Box? :USA: might be a good idea to have a flask of yer favorite SNOW SNAKE bite medicine! If a bear comes out of the cave throw it at him he might leave you alone! :banghead:

Duke

JimD

that looks like a really nice, scenic ride, sparky. makes me want to ride to the back of my woods to the old sandstone quarry like i did as a kid.

tasmi01

Nice way to spend a little down time a slow ride through the woods on a trusty horse. :USA: Way to go sparky.. :banghead:

Teddy da Bear

Neat little adventure. If I did not have the kind of neighbors I have.......I would do that on my property.

Mine is not as scenic as yours.

Rollerman

Mike neat pics, glad to see you steered clear of the pond... :USA:

Is the cave where you hide all your Horse prized items? :banghead:

saguaro

Looked like fun :banghead:

BairleaFarm

cool pics - id love to have something like that close to me.

Sparky

Mike neat pics, glad to see you steered clear of the pond... :omg:

Is the cave where you hide all your Horse prized items? :banghead:

Yep, no underwater shots this time. And just maybe the cave does have some WH treasures in it......care to stick yer hand in there and see :USA: ?

Mike........

KyBlue

Nice!!

bambooheels

nice pics and great little ride, when you get this ride alittle tougher, more water, more mudd, more inclines give me a call i would like something challenging for my tecumseh.. lol thanks for sharing

Sparky

nice pics and great little ride, when you get this ride alittle tougher, more water, more mudd, more inclines give me a call i would like something challenging for my tecumseh.. lol thanks for sharing

Oh dont worry, you can bring yer Tecumseh anytime. Did ya see the ammo box on the fender? Inside I have the "one size fits all" Tecumseh repair tool..............a TOW STRAP!

:banghead:

Mike.............

evanloock

Nice pics. We have 60 acres and are leasing the 80 wooded acres behind out property. I eschew the Polaris Ranger and ride my tractors on the property to get from point A to B. I like the slower speed. Lets me take in more of the beauty of our place.

Duff

Nice trail and nice machine, Sparky! Nobody'll be blasting you on this site - maybe a few of us will be drooling with envy, though! :USA:

FYI, porcupines love to den up in caves like the one you showed us! :omg:

Duff :banghead:

84 400

And I thought I was the only one doing this sort of thing. Your lucky the belt does not sit low like mine and get wet when stream crossing. It can cause alot of issues. Wow now I can't wait to get mine going again and hit the woods again. But unfortunately my Techumsie is finally starting to give me issues ......... Always gets me home tho.

Here are a few of my videos:

I know to some this may seem like I am beating on my old horse but I actually do take steps to ensure that no major damage is done. My trans axle fluid gets changed often to avoid any water which could get in the case. Once the restoration is complete I still plan on driving in the woods but will probably avoid water crossings when at all possible.

It is fun to take it out in the woods once in a while to get a break from mowing.

rocking 416

that reminds me of what me an my friends used to do as kids we would ride for hours in the woods. wish i had some where to do that now

BPjunk

Oh dont worry, you can bring yer Tecumseh anytime. Did ya see the ammo box on the fender? Inside I have the "one size fits all" Tecumseh repair tool..............a TOW STRAP!

:hide:

Mike.............

Hey we gots the same tool down here in the south buts we call 'em a Kohler/poison ivy puller! :omg:

My Wheel Horses get "woods duty" from time to time ........ but some how the ride always ends up the same way for me! :omg::D:hide:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1226106917.jpg

canam1991

Mike whats in the Ammo Box?

Any wheel horse can go through war and come out alive :hide:

HorseFixer

Hey we gots the same tool down here in the south buts we call 'em a Kohler/poison ivy puller! :omg:

My Wheel Horses get "woods duty" from time to time ........ but some how the ride always ends up the same way for me! :D:D:hide:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Bill loooks like that officer has something to say to you! :party: Thats what ya get for running straight pipes! :hide:

Duke