HorseHead1089

Will it fit? Wheel Horse round hood

HorseHead1089

Just wondering what is the biggest motor without modifications or slight modification of the hood would be possible or what other motors you've seen in them. it will go on a 553 which will hopefully get an 8 speed upgrade. it would be super cool to rock an opposed twin under the hood, because why not? also the motor right now is a k161 and the top barely goes up into the hood cavity so i suppose i could figure out how to raise it if need be. As far as the battery i guess i could relocate it to the "tool box"/fender area.

Edited by HorseHead1089

TT

There was no "553".   :confusion-shrug:

prondzy

i believe the biggest motor that will fit under a round hood without modification is a kohler k181. If you check out my thread PROJECT CLASSIFIED you will see how much work it took to modify my hood to fit a kohler big block under it K241-K341. mine will also have an 8speed and battery relocation. I think the model number you are referring to is a 653? hope this helps

HorseHead1089

my mistake its a 552, and well i suppose it will be hard but i guess id be worth it in the end? or i guess im not quite sure how it would look from the front if the whole hood was raised 3 inches by the front tab  instead of fabricating a taller grill. anyways this is a far away project as i can do this or put the loader i found on a cub cadet original which i have yet to acquire.

slammer302

K181 is a great motor and will do about anything you would ask of it I would love a 8hp in my 502

HorseHead1089

yeah i can see that being enough but i am trying to figure out a custom build idea that is outrageously awsome. A tractor that says something similar the name mighty might or the little tractor that can and will do

Pullstart

K181 is a great motor and will do about anything you would ask of it I would love a 8hp in my 502

I was amazed at what a difference a couple hp made when I put the K181 in my 502 as well.  I found myself needing more traction and weight shortly after.  HorseHead do you have any plans to change the amount of grip to the ground?

HorseHead1089

Yes I do maybey some weight attached to the frame and a heavier 8 speed trans. Maybe some wheel weights, there are a ton around right now

bamaboyz71

I have a new 6.5 hp Honda clone on my 1960 suburban and I love it.... I have had it for five years and never had any trouble out of it not one time....the k91 would be fine but I cant find one so as bad as I hate it I guess ill stick with my $149.00 engine shipped to my front door for now.....