callum12

project Agri-800??

Jparkes43

Hello. no worries about the delay! i know that feeling ahaha. hmm a very interesting write up thanks!! ah well i cant wait to hear more as this project is very interesting. 

james

callum12

Thanks for the kind words,

I just brought my self a new (err 1950's) industrial pillar drill, that should serve as a nice excuse to get the hitch lift sorted! 

a slight hold up regarding that, the lift arm doesn't work the same way as on a C-series, the arm has a pin that fits into notches cast into a cast iron thing, to move the arm there is a button on the top of it that moves the pin out of the notches. over the years the arm pivot has worn and by pulling the arm axially you can almost pull the pin out of the notch. to solve this i will drill and tap holes in  this cast piece and make a steel guide strap that prevents the arm moving axially. 

Callum 

• Like 1

callum12

so i have finally completed the hitch lift rocker shaft, I just guessed and said 'that looks about right' when it can to positioning each leaver in relation to the other. I do now however feel i could do with a longer 'top link' if you remember i used what i called a barrel strap (I was corrected but since forgotten their real name, sorry!) this seems a bit long. this is easy and only costs about £4.00. 

other than that i am really happy with it and have tons of adjustability.

My new drill was privileged enough to work on a WH project!:

{option}http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac161/callummcgrory/12935241_1756241137942741_688653377_n_zpsfc03ci43.jpg[/IMG]

the cap screw threaded into the shaft, i only have short screws in stock but i will get long ones that go all the way through:

{option}http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac161/callummcgrory/12939138_1756241131276075_1162139756_n_zpszaucqbq8.jpg[/IMG]

and the assembly installed:

{option}http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac161/callummcgrory/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-06%20at%2019.43.10_zps3khko4xa.png[/IMG]

A youtube video to follow,

Callum 

Edited by callum12
  • Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Callum that is a very nice drill press. I wish I was lucky enough to have one like that. You have a great project. 

callum12

thank you very much, I have to say i couldn't be happier with it! its got 5 speeds using stepped pulleys but also a geared head giving it a lowest speed of 35rpm! meaning i can drill massive holes unlike most modern drills where 500rpm is considered slow. keep an eye out on eBay, they come up every now and then. in the uk at least, not sure about the us. 

are my photos displaying normally or do you have to click on a link? 

i have uploaded them how i always have but they seem to show to me as links, not the actual photo.

Callum 

elcamino/wheelhorse

I had to click to the link but that was not a problem for me. Cheers from across the pond.

russellmc301

where did you get that stack i like it 

callum12

me and a friend made it, all materials and silencer were purchased from Ebay. we went around the front of the engine to as it provided good places to brace it. 

thanks for the kind words,

Callum 

russellmc301

it's relative is all painted and ready for me to start building my custom stack that i have been planing.my A-100 is looking great and i plan on doing some custom things to it, not sure what yet but yours is giving me some great ideas. 

callum12

I used 4 90 angle sections and some straight pipe, 1 1/2". the actual stack is stainless while i guess you could call it the manifold is mild steel. I used some exhaust wrap around the part closest to the exhaust port. 

Callum 

callum12

hello all, 

bank holiday week end with the grass finally reasonably dry means it is time to get the wheel horse out!

the shed will be coming down soon for an extension with the not so lawn like patch of soil being a patio, so I attached the plough and had a bit of fun, the ground was very compact with lots of stones and bits of brick and i only had two or so meters to play with so i couldn't get the plough right in there but all went really well, I can't wait to get her up to the allotment or to a rally with a working section!

IMG_4052_zps4hd8v9rm.jpg

IMG_4049_zpsjnlrmmqy.jpg

IMG_4047_zpscdvtbfoo.jpg

thank for looking 

Callum 

• Like 3

Jparkes43

Looks amazing Callum!!

james

callum12

thanks james!

I still have to sort out that weight bracket. as for the weights I think i will draw the design in CAD (computer aided design) then send it off to someone with a CNC plasma cutter that can to 30mm steel. I may then grind a big fillet and weld say 3 together for weights 90mm thick each, or just leave them as 30mm. who knows what i'll do. 

Callum 

• Like 1

russellmc301

looking good i have got some good ideas of custom things to add to mine.

just toke my a-100 out for a spin and the front wheel fell off. the snap rings i'm using are a tad bit to large so i'll order the nest one smaller.

you are really good at engineering things and making them look good.

what type of plow is that? keep up the great work:text-bravo:

• Like 1

callum12

thanks for the kind words!

your front wheel came off! that must have been bit of a surprise, mine had centre drilled spindles with a single large flanged bolt to hold the wheel on. 

the plough is a Ciampelli Italian made that i got second hand unused off eBay. its really well built and could not be happier with it. 

Callum

callum12

well its about time don't you think! 

I finally got the skateboard bearings (8mmID) and installed in my Nylon idler, this should help with my above mentioned transmission losses. 

all i did was stick it in the lathe and bore the holes out until the bearings were a good press fit. I also enlarged the 8mm bore to 10mm so the nylon doesn't contact the shaft at all any more.

IMG_4745_zpsmmxsq4a7.jpg

IMG_4747_zpsurxmlq5w.jpg

bonus points if anyone can guess what that thing is in the background of the last image, (not WH related) :) 

Callum 

• Like 1

Jparkes43

awesome!!!!

Lister D??? ;) 

James

callum12

yep! it is indeed! 

its the back of the flywheel and main bearing housing, I was replacing the crank pin sleeve. 

while fitting bearings I also noticed that the idler thank runs along the back of the belt is a tad high, the belt is almost riding on the lip, I shall turn a spacer and track down a longer bolt to rectify this. 

Callum

Jparkes43

Yay! you see someones been paying attention to your videos ahaha. :) 

Good to see you ironing out the problems :) all part of engineering

James

callum12

After all this time I STILL have yet to sort out the throttle! at the moment the lever has no affect. I really must get on this!

but other than that each issue is being solved as i come across it. I am debating whether to reduce the pulley size by 1", this would mean the belt would have to take a much less dramatic curve and of course give me a bit more top speed. I'm not after top speed really but as I'm in the process of road legalising it some more speed would be nice.

does anyone know what sort of effect a 1" smaller pulley has on a WH? 

Glad to hear you watching the videos James, :) 

Callum

Pullstart

it'll be simple math that you'll have to figure for the pulley and ground speed, especially with yours being custom already.  here's a like to explain a formula to give you a percentage over stock... just plug it in if there is any difference in size along the way to get an overall change.

callum12

thank you very much for that, I will do some number crunching later on! 

I could also calculate the speed of the WH I i knew the gear ratios, I have found an online calculator.

Callum 

Jparkes43

Ive got the gear ratios if you would like. as we have the same gearbox

James

Edited by Jparkes43

callum12

yes please James! we've got the same transaxles haven't we.

many thanks, 

Callum

• Like 1

russellmc301

i have been light off roading with rusty it is fun,she likes to go to a watering hole and get stuck. :) the turf tires spin and i have to get off and push it.

• Like 2