jeff lary

Replacement Seats

jeff lary

Ok I will take you butts word for it .

jeff lary

Well turns out when I can afford it is right now, Just ordered it.

Item Total: $102.95 Shipping: $32.84 Tax: $0.00 Grand Total: $135.79

Racinbob

Here's another shot of it. This is before I decided to remove the arm rests and the adjuster. Also before I changed the steering wheel and decals. My butt is skinny but in any case I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :)

post-8408-0-39582400-1425828302_thumb.jp

• Like 2

jeff lary

that tractor looks a lot like my 312 I would show you a picture of my tractor but I don't know how? On the saw forum I just take a photo make a folder on my desktop then choose a photo fro that folder and click up-load. On this site when I click on the " Image " icon it makes a information window open and it wants a " URL" I am lost at that point I don't know what to do. Some folks use photo bucket but I don't it is just another thing to try to learn / remember how to use ya know? If there is a way for me to send a picture from a folder I have on my desk top let me know. Remember speak easy to follow language as I am a wrench sort of guy not a computer sort.

Edited by jeff lary

Racinbob

Click in the reply box like you've been doing. On the bottom right click 'More Reply Options'. Then you'll see a 'Attach Files' box. Just find the file on your puter and add it. The file size will be limited unless you are a supporter.

Racinbob

Your 312 is basically the same. You may have 6" front rims but I think some had 8". You probably have a Magnum engine while mine is a Command 15.

Racinbob

Forgot to mention this. There's other ways to have pictures like Photobucket, etc. I don't do any of that but if you do others here can help out.

jeff lary

Here is what I am working with, the rig under the tarp is a 5000 watt generator .

post-13227-0-07627100-1425829854_thumb.j

post-13227-0-59114500-1425829881_thumb.j

post-13227-0-31950600-1425829904_thumb.j

• Like 1

Racinbob

That seat pan setup is the same as mine. You'll have to drill holes but that's no biggie. You'll also have to decide what you're going to do about the seat switch. Mine was a flat switch under the padding and I could have put it on the new seat but I just left it off. I also had a goofy reverse to mow switch on the side of the pan and it didn't get put back on.

jeff lary

HOW DO YOU DELETE THE SEAT SWITCH ? DO YOU JUST JUMP FROM ONE OF THE WIRES OVER TO THE OTHER ONE TO MAKE A KIND OF "U " TURN IN THE WIRE? AND NO NOT HOLLERING JUST EASIER TO SEE WHEN IN CAPS

Racinbob

Jeff, you're best off to get your exact model and download the wiring diagram to see what you have. I don't advocate removing any safety device. What I do on my tractor is my responsibility. What I do now is different than when my wife and kids also used the tractors. Now it's just me. :)

jeff lary

too late already ordered  the recommended seat,

Edit ... I guess mentioning delete switch scared everyone off . Don't worry guys not gonna sue anyone been looking at Google on that subject. I am the only one who runs the horse it is mine no kids no grand kids involved, No one will be harmed in this endeavor. The only time it bothers me is Snow blowing anyway. But if this is the end thanks to all who tried to help me I do appreciate it,.. Jeff

Edited by jeff lary
  • Like 1

Martin

looks like you worked out a solution...... :thumbs:

Edited by Martin

jeff lary

I think so ? i am not an electrical sort of guy , that stuff is all magic to me ha ha.I think the seat switch is a completed circuit when you are sitting on it. All i have to do i think is complete the circuit without sitting on the seat. I honestly dont like the idea of the seat switch not working but i dont know if there is a way to make it work with this new seat. I have ordered the seat i probably wont mess with it much till it warms up some. I am in hopes that it will go on my tractor with minimal tweeking,...i hope.

tunahead72

HOW DO YOU DELETE THE SEAT SWITCH ? DO YOU JUST JUMP FROM ONE OF THE WIRES OVER TO THE OTHER ONE TO MAKE A KIND OF "U " TURN IN THE WIRE?

That's what I did on my 310-8, works fine.  But please do remember how dangerous it is.  If the good part of my brain doesn't stop me, I can get off my tractor with the engine running, transmission in gear and mower engaged.  That could definitely bite me in the arse someday, so I have a new seat switch waiting to be installed as soon as the weather is warm.

jeff lary

I whole heartedly agree, I am not trying to put something over on the tractor company per se. This type of " fix " is not safe the horse is a big heavy tractor I don't need it parked on my head. Maybe I can buy a seat safety switch as well. Where did you get yours? too bad I cant just repurpose the one in the seat now.

tunahead72

I got my seat switch from one of my local dealers.  There's lots of online parts suppliers who probably carry it as well, check the "Links" button at the top of the page.

I wouldn't have any idea how to rig one up for your new seat, hopefully somebody else can tell us what they've done.

By the way, this has turned into a really good thread, thanks to everyone who's contributed! :text-thankyouyellow:

jeff lary

You can go to ebay and buy an oem seat switch but I have no idea how they work as they are inside the seat. They are kinda funky looking too like a piece of broken fan belt. Your little saying in your signature line is a little different than the way I say it. " I don't know but I been told a bow legged woman don't grow old"

Edited by jeff lary

tunahead72

... Your little saying in your signature line is a little different than the way I say it. " I don't know but I been told a bow legged woman don't grow old"

That little saying is a line from a Grateful Dead song called New Speedway Boogie, just seemed appropriate for a group of Wheel Horse fans.

Your saying, on the other hand, reminds me of a politically incorrect but humorous little tune called Bowlegged Woman, Knock Kneed Man.  I understand It's an old R&B song, but I only know the Hot Tuna version, which by now is also an old song.  I'm happy to hear that at least bowlegged women don't grow old. :)

I think this thread has officially been hijacked. :handgestures-thumbup:

rmaynard

Bob, you may already have a seat but if looking to buy new, the KM123 unipro is a good substitute for the new style Toro Timecutter....  $91.00 shipped from www.turfseats.com (KM manufacturing web store)...

Martin, did you mean KM 125? The KM 125 is equivalent to the Timecutter seat that I was getting. Or is the KM 123 more equivalent to the original Toro seat?

I got my Timecutter seat yesterday. It was very nice with one exception. When the seller was boxing it up, he put a carton staple through the vinyl on one side. He is taking it back and has refunded my money, so I am looking again at the KM 125 or KM 123 seat. The current price is $100.00 plus shipping for the KM 125 and $93 plus shipping for the KM 123, plus $12.75 for the seat switch.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice price for it Bob...

have a source link to share here?

AMC RULES

AWESOME!

:thanks:

Martin

Bob, I used the 123. The 123 is the same as the new timecutter seat which I pictured. The seat you were sourcing from eBay looked like an older model. I found the newer style on a new zero turn at the local toro dealer and researched the oem manufacturer was KM.

Www.turfseats.com is their factory outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmaynard

Thanks Martin. After researching a little, that's the conclusion I came to.

I just came back from a store called Hoober, Inc. They are an IH-Case dealer, and a dealer for K&M Seats. They used to be located about 30 miles from me, but moved this winter to less than 2 miles from my house. So...I ordered the KM-123 and seat switch for at total of $103.00 plus tax, NO SHIPPING. Will have it in about a week when the K&M truck comes in.

post-2221-0-85457600-1426183064_thumb.jp

Also came away with a rattle can of IH-Case red spray paint. Closest thing to Valspar Restoration Series IH red that I have found.

• Like 1