formariz

M16s

formariz

What is a fair price for a kohler M16s never used?Never even had oil in it.

can whlvr

I wouldn't even want to guess what the dealer wanted for one when new,i priced an 8 magnum years ago and they wanted 1500,if I had the cash I would pay 600 for a new 16hp,and really that would be a steal,at least where I live

Sparky

Doesn't Northern Tool sell em new?  Might be a good place to check for prices.

Mike.........

Sparky

I was wrong...Northern no longer offers the Magnum.

Mike.......

formariz

Magnums are retired. No longer manafactured i dont think. I have an opportunity to get one NOS. I dont have anything now that it would go into but it would be a future replacement for the Electro's K301 should the need come up.

Edited by formariz

Sparky

It sure would be nice to have it just sitting on a shelf just in case...........

Mike...........

Ken B

I'm not too sure how many hrs. are on the engine on the Electro. The older gent I got it from told me he had the engine replaced with a new one when the original one got tired. He told me he put very little hours on the new one because his kids hired a landscaper and a guy to plow his driveway not long after the replacement. Hopefully it's good for many more yrs. but ya never know. How complete is the new engine? Complete ready to drop in and go? If it is its gotta be worth a grand and I'd probably pay it. ?(especially if I needed it) If its a dealer selling it I'd bet he paid at least that for it. 

formariz

I'm not too sure how many hrs. are on the engine on the Electro. The older gent I got it from told me he had the engine replaced with a new one when the original one got tired. He told me he put very little hours on the new one because his kids hired a landscaper and a guy to plow his driveway not long after the replacement. Hopefully it's good for many more yrs. but ya never know. How complete is the new engine? Complete ready to drop in and go? If it is its gotta be worth a grand and I'd probably pay it. ?(especially if I needed it) If its a dealer selling it I'd bet he paid at least that for it.

The engine was indeed pretty new at that time (five years ago).Even now when I change the oil, it is never black always light in color. Its running strong and unless i do something stupid it will probably outlast me. The problem is me! Its that I must have spare critical components for every tractor I have specially that one which is indispensible.I actually also have a complete totally rebuilt hydro unit for it, NOS stator,trigger and coil. Missing yet is an engine. Issues I know. I keep telling the wife; I don't, drink,I don't gamble and all the money I spend its here within the property line.

So this M16S is a complete engine never had oil in it , its around the corner, its the right color and its four bills. Very tempting.

post-484-0-64815300-1423274568.jpg

Edited by formariz
  • Like 2

Ken B

Has the guy mentioned a price to you? Nice to have "in stock" if the price is right..

formariz

Has the guy mentioned a price to you? Nice to have "in stock" if the price is right..[/quote

Yes. You missed it on last post. Four bills.

Edited by formariz

Theroundhousernr

What are you waiting for . You couldnt even rebuild one for that. Wheres this located...... lol

Ken B

Yeah, I'd grab that!

squonk

I expect to see a pic of that within your property line today!  :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

If you don't get it...

let me know.  :popcorn: 

formariz

Getting it later today! You guys are really no help at all. If this was a terminal condition you would just be pushing me to my death. Now I have to go into the engine shed and move a dozen or so engines so I can fit this behemoth on the shelf. I have to re-evaluate the people I associate with.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 3

can whlvr

that's an amazing price,i would pay that and the cost to ship it to Ontario all day long

formariz

So I picked up the Magnum 16 S and it is now within the property line . Never had oil in it. While the guy had it ,something fell on top of it and broke tank ,dented shroud and top tin. Some minor damage to a couple of fins also. He had purchased new tins and tank for it which he included. Also a brand new muffler . This thing is awesome I think I got pretty lucky finding it for $400.00.

post-484-0-32576000-1423344654_thumb.jpg

post-484-0-30547700-1423344672_thumb.jpg

post-484-0-13395800-1423344685_thumb.jpg

post-484-0-28253900-1423344700_thumb.jpg

post-484-0-62428300-1423344715_thumb.jpg

post-484-0-76401000-1423344729_thumb.jpg

post-484-0-82500700-1423344739_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

boovuc

OMG!!!!!

Quoting!

I think I got pretty lucky finding it for $400.00.

​Nope! You weren't lucky! You were blessed. An excellent find and one of the better ones I can remember to date!

• Like 1

Sparky

I would be scouring all the "for sale" sites looking for a swept axle/gear reduction steering equipped 520 with a wasted motor to put that baby on!

Mike.....

tlb41

Thats an awesome deal! Im so glad you made the purchase and I have to agree with Mike and get yourself a 520H to mount that baby in.

Good stuff guys, Troy

Don1977

The last ones sold by Northern Tool was around $2300.

formariz

I would be scouring all the "for sale" sites looking for a swept axle/gear reduction steering equipped 520 with a wasted motor to put that baby on!

Mike.....

I just don't know anymore. Bad enough I have no self control. First you guys basically force me to buy the engine, now you suggesting that I get a tractor to put it in. I guess we don't need a crystal ball to predict what is next. I just hope the little woman here doesn't get a hint of what is happening or there will be a lot of "nut roasting" going on. :hide:

• Like 3

Ken B

:text-yeahthat:

It shouldn't be too hard to find a 520 with a wasted motor!!  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Jrblanke

I just don't know anymore. Bad enough I have no self control. First you guys basically force me to buy the engine, now you suggesting that I get a tractor to put it in. I guess we don't need a crystal ball to predict what is next. I just hope the little woman here doesn't get a hint of what is happening or there will be a lot of "nut roasting" going on. :hide:

Listen, I can tell you are really tore up about purchasing this motor...so If you would like, we can arrange a heist....and I bet the mullet wig wearing perpetrator would accidentally drop 4 Benjamins on your work bench as he stole it....then you could tell your wife what a dumb criminal it was....I'll just need your address.... you know...to pass along to the sticky fingered bandit....  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

953 nut

:woohoo:   Great idea, put the "16" in a Suburban or RJ, now you have it!   :text-lol:       :ROTF:    :wwp: