Sign in to follow this  
COMB2

Tiller belt

COMB2

Anyone got an idea of how long of belt I need for my tiller on my B-80? Havent got it on yet but might be able to swing by and pick one up so I have it when I get it on. Just a generaly idea. I will probably buy acouple longer and shorter so I dont have to make a 100 trips back and forth

kj4kicks

Take the tiller number to your toro dealer, they will hook you right up!

KyBlue

Thats pretty much what I told ya over on MTF -

COMB2

Well for anyone wanting to know I found one. V-belt A 138" from BESTORQ

This fits the B-80 with a 36" tiller. That is putting it on the larger part of the PTO. smaller part on the PTO you may want to go with a 136".

Under $20 shipped. Looked like $51 from Toro

Teddy da Bear

I went to ask toro.... The correct size is an oddball. 141 inches.

I went to Napa and bought a 140" belt for $22

It takes a bit more effort to get it on and off when it is new. But with some age

the belt stretches a bit and I find no problems.

illinilefttackle

:hide: Hey Guys-I thought I would try this again! After all, I have "Wheel Horse Red" Blood in my viens right?

As to the belt-I too tried to save a little money by buying belts from other sources-even one of those Kevlar belts-but, in the long run-I had to buy another very soon-until I coughed up a little more money for a Wheel Horse belt-this was especially true on my Drive belt for my Hydro.

I think I remeber TICKSTER saying that WH belts have a different "pitch" or something like that. Just my 2 cents-AL

Teddy da Bear

If Comb used a belt that short... I am suspicious that he does not have the idle pulley.....

But whatever works for you, is all that matters.

And what a JOY to to see the "left tackle" back in the wheel horse scrimage!

Can you tell it is football season from my jargon?? :hide:

T-Mo

Welcome back, Al. I think Stephen is right, usually OEM belts, regardless of brand, i.e. Wheel Horse, JD, etc., have their belts designed to a particular specification and have the belt manufacturer's make them to that spec. Most people only worry about length and width, but you have to consider thickness, cross sectional angle, etc. I'm a firm believer of not skimping on belts, I don't want to have one break or slip at the wrong time. I always buy OEM belts when I can. Just my 2 cents worth here. :hide:

KyBlue

If youd seen the OEM belt (yes I have one) Youd see why I said to get one..Its not a normal belt...Its been covered in something to provide the Extra grip that Im assuming is needed for a punishing attachment like the tiller..