mikemc53

416 H

mikemc53

Still trying to get all of the information but it seems that I am soon to become the owner of a 416 H. Not sure of the year and have seen a few pics that show it to be a bit rough but my son-in-law has seen it and started it and apparently it runs well. This is a freebie so I can't go wrong but I was wondering what I may be able to accomplish with this thing. Is it known for anything in particular? Is it a strong/solid unit? Do attachments from the old "B" and "C" series work with the 416 H?

I'm really not looking for anything in particular, just any information that may be helpful going forward. Came across this one by chance so, like I said, I really can't go wrong but I am really curious as to what I may be able to do with this unit, any better than the B-100 or C-81.

Basically just gathering information as to what I may be able to do with this one. I know that some of it is dependent upon year and model but I am trying to get a jump on things.

Thanks in advance gang.

seve

It will do everything the b100 will do and it will yawn while doing it. Yes all c series attachments will work just fine. Not sure if it has an Eaton 700 or 1100 but it is a good machine. Free is a rather large plus as well.

KC9KAS

I don't have a 400 or 500 series GT, but from what I have seen and heard others say, you will be very happy with this powerful machine.

Hey, it a horse.....Wheel Horse of course!!

Sparky

It should have an Eaton 1100 hydro which is a nice heavy-duty unit. Any attachment that fits the B-100 will fit on the 416-H.

Got a snow-blower attachment? The 416 will spin up a blower real nice and hydraulic lift is great for blowers!

Mike............

ericj

luv the onans. but depending on the hrs and how much maintenance the po did you might want to pull the engine tins and clean the fins real good. adj the valves is not a bad idea either. over half of my herd is onan powered. and i have quite a few motors sitting around. the ones that i bought for parts with blown rods almost always have the block fins all cruded  up and were very poorly maintained. i have found several tractors and motors that had loose oil filters. just a couple of thing to look out for. good luck i will double the price you payed for it   :teasing-poke:  :ychain:  :laughing-rolling:

eric j

• Like 1

JustinW.73

"Is this a strong/solid unit?" You are talking about a Wheel Horse right. Strongest tractor out there.

• Like 1

mikemc53

I actually do have a snowthrower but I believe it is for a Raider, or a 1267 - something like that - I know it doesn't fit the attach-a-matic units for the "B" and "C" series tractors.

It is a 37", model 6 6211, serial number 558316. I should probably look to trade it for a thrower that I could use on the 416, or the B or C that I have.

I'm looking forward to getting the 416 home but not sure when that will be.