Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Electro 12 question

nylyon

And no hubcaps like the '69 has. Good catch on that gas tank!

Rollerman

Okay I may get some heat for this one..... :D

As far as tires go...I don't think Wheel Horse used one specific brand or type for a paticular model......the way I understood it was more along the lines of what company filled the supply for that time.

I have seen all differant tire combinations on Wheel Horses that were correct.

This is more true through the late 60's & on IMOP. :P

Also good catch on the tank Mike...I wonder if the 68 still used a metal tank?

Karl my E 12 didnt have the caps either...but they tend to get lost over the years....was led to beleive they were a dealer option on the early tractors too?

T-Mo

Yeah, that would be my guess also on the tires and brands used, Stephen. Wheel Horse probably had a supply of tires and they used what ever brand they had in stock in that particular tire size. It wouldn't be cost efficient to not use what they had in their inventory at the time.

TT

Hey Terry (PA), does that dash tower have the detent spring fot the hydro shifter? Also, I may need the shifter itself. The one I'm working on has the pivot shaft rusted tight (at the moment).

Eldon.

No detent spring there, Eldon. I see why you're looking for a used one too -- $29.00 is a bit much for a piece of "bumpy" steel. :D

dfd63169.jpg

kj4kicks

Thanks for checking Terry. Yep, it's a bit pricey! I have 2/3 of it, so I may be able to fix it.

I may still need the shifter assembly. I'll work on getting the old one freed up. If not, I'll cut it out.

Looks like your's is in better condition.

Eldon.

TT

It really is in good shape and works very smooth. I have another couple or three of them floating around here somewhere, but this is probably the best specimen.

Let me know if I can help you out.

nylyon

Looks like Karl's gonna add to the herd !

Yep, I bought it. I called the guy tonight, and the engine was rebuilt a couple of years ago, the carb needs work and is off the tractor now. The hydro is perfect and all hoses are like new. I'm going to pick it up next Sunday, since I didn't register my trailer this year yet. $50, I'm thinking that it will have all the parts that I need for the 120, and some left for spare.

Now of course, I'll have to sell the C-120 Automatic, Electro 12 and the 414-8 so I can get Eldon's C-160 :D

combatmp29r

Congrats Karl. Glad to hear it will go to a good home. :D

kpinnc

Hey Karl, nice find there.

I'm gonna go along with what WHOC said earlier. I would say the Electro is the one to restore, at least from a collectibility point of view. I would say so even more now that you know it's a good runner with a good hydro.

My two cents, not that it's any of my business... :D

Kevin

T-Mo

Karl,

Very nice buy. For that price, you couldn't go wrong. Congratulations. :D

WheelHorse_of_course

Nice buy :D

BTW, that hydro lever detent is not present on earlier C-120 A's and Chargers. I guess it is there to prevent accidental engagement. So I would not spend too much effort on it!

CHARGER9AUTO

Looks like the "68" had a smaller fuel tank from the pics.

Mike..........

Mike, I have a 1968 CHARGER 9 Auto with the smaller size fuel tank if anyone is interested in the tractor for parts or restoration . I restored it some years back I sold the Tecumseh HH-100 10 HP motor at the show in PA I ran a 14 HP Kohler because they are easy to work on The hydro transmission works Good .

Ben...........