Sign in to follow this  
james

need help mounting plow

james

I picked up a dozer blad for my wheel horse (i don't even know what year it is!) but it's old, looks like a ride along junior or similar. I have the blade now but need to mount it. i've been looking at pics upon pics of how they were originally mounted and can't figure out how to do it. I want to make less cuts and welds and use less time. I figure i'll have to weld up a frame to fit it on but how do the long frame plows mount to the tractor? HELP pls!

CasualObserver

first, :USA: What tractor are we talking about, and where are you from?

My primary suggestion would be to TRADE your blade with someone who has the correct one for your tractor. (which is...? ) I know we've had a lot of blade brackets show up on tractors lately, but a shortage of blades themselves. Same as in your case... it got separated from the tractor, and hasn't found it's way back yet. I'm sure someone would be happy to get you hooked up with what you need in trade..... But if you have no choice to modify the one you have... here's a few more pics for some reference. This one is mounted on my Suburban 400

suburban_snowblade2.jpg

suburban_snowblade1.jpg

Here's a pic of one on ebay that just shows the blade mount without the blade

suburbanbladebracketonly.jpg

Any long a-frame type plow information can be found in the links that are in the post that Mike referred you too. Hope any of this/that helps. :banghead:

james

Wow!

you guys are a great help...i don't have any of those pics but i think that's what i needed. i'm going to get trying to weld that up today...i'll post a pic of what i have when i'm done i guess. My wife HATES my wheel horse because when i bought it, it didn't run. i bought a new 6.5 for it and fit that in, i had to notch part of the frame out to get it in and get new rear tires as the old ones i could put my hand right through. then a clutch, chain and front tires. now a plow...so i've had lots of work to do on it. there aren't any numbers on the tractor that i can find but now i see the pics you posted, it looks like that one too lol... she thinks it's a waste of time and a money pit (i want to plow with it and her dad bought a farm so i want to bring it up there and see how strong it is lol...my dad also drove it around as have my neigbours...it's an awesome little tractor. now that it's running, i'd say to get it where it is, it's cost me about 600 bucks not including the tractor itself...but i love it.