clip

Clevis hitch rock shaft

clip

I'm looking to put a clevis hitch on my Work Horse and it looks like the cable tube is already in place, but most of the clevis hitches for sale don't include the rock shaft. Is this a necessary part or can the cable connect directly to the hitch lifting point? The shaft doesn't seem too hard to fab if needed.

doc724

You need a rock shaft.  There is someone here on RS classifieds that is selling some he made.  Check postings in the last 3 weeks

• Like 1

gsleezer

Can we see some pictures?

doc724

The member who made these rock shafts is "oe espo"  Go to the For Sale section of the forum, page 3, between 1/2-3/4 of the way down the page

Lagersolut

As of 2 years ago they were still available through Toro ,  ( bought one for my C series ) I forget what the cost was but it's not sold as a kit any longer meaning you need to buy the rock shaft , two bronze bushings, cable , chain links , clevis , C-clips etc   individually  .

Here are the PDF links ( compliments to Gary ) and parts lists for the entire rock shaft set up.

I do remember it wasn't cheap but it was finally done right vs the for half  a$$ rig  I made up years before .

Edited by Lagersolut