whtractors24

Going to pickup the nos 420lse

whtractors24

Well I pondered this for a year now and I will be making a trip before the 1st of the year to go grab this nos 42 lse in ct y all already heard about. Not looking for negative comments Thanks once it's cleaned up pictures to follow.

post-6404-0-67810100-1416535300.jpeg

• Like 7

1978c81

I knew you were up to something. Good score.

stevebo

Nice to hear that is will finally see the light of day. Hope you have a nice spot for it. What are your plans for it?

whtractors24

Clean it put it off the ground on stands with a sheet on it till I buy my house then my living room either that or the wife can have a seperate room and it goes In the room lol

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Nice...can't wait to see that one.    :thumbs:

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmsgaffer

Sweet.

Vacuum Chamber! If you are going so far as to get it, you might as well go all out!

JimD

Well I for one am going to go against the conventional line of thought about putting it on a pedestal inside a glass vacuum. These tractors are no longer being made so my line of thinking is why not use it for it's intended purpose. How many of you members would love to have the opportunity to fuel up a NOS Wheel Horse and be the first to take her for a spin just as she came from the factory? As a Wheel Horse owner I can think of nothing better to fulfill me in this hobby. I  can't subscribe to the mindset of "Save a Horse, Ride a Lawn Boy!  Get on that Horse and ride! :thumbs:

• Like 6

squonk

Nice...can't wait to see that one.    :thumbs:

Craig looking for interior decorator tips!  :)  :thumbs:  :teasing-poke:

dclarke

Nice! Glad to see a member get it.  :thumbs:  Can't wait to see pics of it all cleaned up.

RMCIII

I believe everyone should be able to have some type of "Limited Edition" item in their lifetime.... I've had quite a few of my own... Some I would not give the shirt off my back to have them again, other items, I'd go all out to have it again.... I like to see people attain what they desire as long as that desire is not an obsession. Nice job Jason. I am like JimD, use it! But my use would be PARADES!!!!!!!! Get a nice wagon, put some chrome on it also and have a great ride for the parade route.

Rob

Edited by RMCIII

AMC RULES

Craig looking for interior decorator tips!  :)  :thumbs:  :teasing-poke:

You know, if it was me...  :) 

I'd be lookin' for a lazy Susan. 

• Like 1

Racinbob

Wow Jason. I love your idea of protecting it in a special room inside. I think we all would like to have that opportunity at some point. But I have mixed feelings about using it. I'm not one to want a trailer queen but I'm not sure I could use that for everyday work. In this case I'm liking Jims idea of using it but as Rob mentioned, in parades and such. That would allow others to enjoy your rare find and still keep it mint. Think of all the great conversations........ :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Jim_M

It would be tempting to fuel it up and drive it, but then again it's only NOS once..........

• Like 1

Geno

Well I for one am going to go against the conventional line of thought about putting it on a pedestal inside a glass vacuum. These tractors are no longer being made so my line of thinking is why not use it for it's intended purpose. How many of you members would love to have the opportunity to fuel up a NOS Wheel Horse and be the first to take her for a spin just as she came from the factory? As a Wheel Horse owner I can think of nothing better to fulfill me in this hobby. I  can't subscribe to the mindset of "Save a Horse, Ride a Lawn Boy!  Get on that Horse and ride! :thumbs:

I couldn't agree more, Get on that Horse and ride Yeah!    :text-woo: 

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

It will clean up nice. Cant wait to see it.

buckrancher

Nice Jason are you going to bring it to the big show next year?

Brian

• Like 2

KC9KAS

See if you can get chrome tire chains for it. That would look really nice plowing snow.

I'm jealous. .I have NEVER had anything new.

PaulC

Very cool Jason that is hands down my favorite wheel horse. The whole use it not use it thing is a tough one like Jim M said its only NOS once and the hours put on could not be reversed. But at the same time its to cool of a machine not to at least drive around. I definitely would NOT do any real work with it though. Maybe you can "soup it up" and drive it around like a sweet summer car that only comes out when the weathers gorgeous. :laughing-rofl:

Whatever you decide to do I sure cant wait to see it all cleaned up.

Wishin4a416

I was at my Dealer a few months ago and I asked him if he ever had one in. He told me He did. Just one. He sold it to a customer about 30 miles away because their local dealer didn't get any. He said it came back occasionally for service even after it changed 2 a second owner then it disappeared from his view. It could still be out there or be lost forever. Who knows. You have a rare one there. Enjoy.

cheesegrader

A man with such a fine tractor does not need a living room (or a wife)

Just sit in the garage with it, admiring the beauty, 

with nothing and no one to cause distractions.

• Like 1

varosd

Jason,

Whatever you do with it...it will be in a better place!!!! :wh:

MalMac

Even Howard Hughes got the big Goose air born once.

• Like 2

Geno

If it was mine....I would clean it up, put in the living room in front of the TV. get rid of my Lazy Boy and sit on it to watch TV. Then when I was ready for a beer, I would start it up and drive it to the refrigerator. The wife would probably like that cause she hates getting up to get me beers.

You win the funny for the day Doc!    :laughing-rolling:    :text-lol:    :text-lol:

• Like 1