Cutlas3391

45 inches of Snow Wheel Horse Team Ready. Lake effect Snowstorm

papaglide

Dude I wish you the best! About 11 years ago we got 5 feet in the Lackawanna/ South Buffalo area and it took front end loaders to clear our street! Best thing that me and the family have done is move to up here 10 years ago. Sunny with blue skies bro! I know you will be carefull but I got to say it: be careful man!

squonk

Even the Sabres game has empty seats. That's more impressive than the snow totals

• Like 1

rollingflat

WOW... 45 inches and still falling... wheres Al Gore when you need him?

Seriously good luck and be safe!

• Like 4

Catmanii

If it snowed half that much down here we would starve. Couldn't move at all - till spring.  :no:

• Like 2

Forest Road

That's way too much white sh@@! You appear to be well prepared and prob sly the envy of the neighborhood. Best of luck to ya! 25 and cold in NJ tommorrow :(

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Yeah Shaun. Be careful man. Those pics freak me out.

And!!!!!!!!!!! It's still FALL. Winter isn't till December 21st.

Glenn

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

I am SOOOOOOOOO freaking jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!  I want to experience that!!!!!

• Like 3

Cutlas3391

Shaun,,,,,time to move. Thats way over the top for me.

Glenn

I love the snow and lake effect snowstorms are so interesting.

I agree with that comment. 45 inches and its still fallin.. Its snowmageddon. This is only the beginning of snow season, better shovel them roof's off!

Suppose to get another 30 inches by Friday

Dude I wish you the best! About 11 years ago we got 5 feet in the Lackawanna/ South Buffalo area and it took front end loaders to clear our street! Best thing that me and the family have done is move to up here 10 years ago. Sunny with blue skies bro! I know you will be carefull but I got to say it: be careful man!

Thanks buddy

Even the Sabres game has empty seats. That's more impressive than the snow totals

The snow storm is more interesting then the sabers
  • Like 1

ericj

hay geno how many plows and blowers do you have i bet you could take a fleet up there and move it all in one swoop lo l :laughing-rofl:  seriously though take care up there and be safe and warm

eric j

• Like 2

Cutlas3391

If it snowed half that much down here we would starve. Couldn't move at all - till spring. :no:

By tommorow roads will clear up by plows. There pretty good removing snow here
  • Like 1

Cutlas3391

Yeah Shaun. Be careful man. Those pics freak me out.

And!!!!!!!!!!! It's still FALL. Winter isn't till December 21st.

Glenn

Yea today kick my butt lol
  • Like 1

Molon_Labe

We get snow and cold here but brother I've gotta' tell you, in my 63 years I've never been through anything like that. Best of luck.

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Shaun,,,,,,,,,I keep coming back to this thread. Your probably beat and passed out. I would be.

A comment,,,,not a wise crack. No,,,a observation. Peeking in the santa shed, when you show the pics.

IMHO,,,,,I would really consider,,,a 5xi. Also with that big jumbo 2 stage on it. Bigger, more power, heavier, plus,,,,,your a big dude. You would fit right on that bad boy snug as a bug. Yes sir,,,,,,,,,,,,,santa needs to bring you a big ol 5xi to round out the red horse collection. I just think they got the A $$ to get through that better.

ok guys,,,,,chime in.

Glenn

• Like 2

RMCIII

Well, I'm no experet when it comes to which model one should have or needs the most when it comes to chores..... What I can say is this..... My 518xi managed to chew through some serious snow last year. Heavy wet, dry fluffy, it did not matter. That was just the single stage snowblower. I would have the 2 stage blower if I were in Shaun's shoes.

Can't speak enough on how easy it is to get on and off, or as my video shows, in and out of a cab, when a cab is on one of the "XI's". As for weight.... The only thing heavier than any of the "XI" tractors is the D250. Without any attachments it weighs 1,013lbs. The lightest of the fleet. Fully rigged, the way it is setting now, without me in the seat it weighs roughly 1,490. Add my 225lbs, 1715lbs.... With the 2 links chains in the rear, I was going through snow that was well over 24" deep last year with the snowblower raised. Plow trucks had not been out yet and I had to get my custoers drives cleared, and I was not going to snow blow the city roads for them.

I'm not sure what one could or would do with that type of snow and amount in that short of time. I would guess that even the 2 stage may struggle a little bit, but knowing what the single stage moved last year, I would have no doubt you would have been able to leave the loader in the heated garage! :woohoo:

Rob

• Like 2

JimD

I can't even imagine what it would be like to deal with that much snow in such a short time frame. Or at all really. We typically get a few snows of 10 - 12 inches a year here in NE Ohio which is more than I care to deal with myself. Stay as safe and warm as you possibly can and just be safe while taking care of business. :)

• Like 1

PaulC

Guys I live near Shawn and actually used a blower attachment I just got from him!! This storm was so crazy no matter what you have you worked it hard. I have that single stage mounted to a 312 and I had to take a cut with it all the way up until the tractor stopped backed up and dropped it and then move forward again. Did this over and over 1-2 feet at a time. I worked it hard but it did good. Even with a two stage not sure it would have been a ton better the snow was hard packed and frozen together before I even got to it. The snow was easily 6 to 8 inches over the top of the blower. There were times I was taking a 6inch cut with the side wing and carving out the underneath and leaving a 6-8 inch overhang of snow!!!

Like Shawn said us Buffalo folk are used to and prepared for this. Just another day all be it a crazy a$$ one :)

Im supposed to be traveling out of town today but I doubt and hope that doesn't happen. If not maybe ill mount that crazy tall chute on and give it a whirl later. I wanted to yesterday but it was hectic and exhausting so I just focused on getting the job done.

Craig commented on another thread how I need a snowcab too but I guess us Buffalo guys like to be out in the mix of things ha. I have the gear and as long as I blow it down wind its all good. Shawn will agree that even if we didn't sit down once on our tractors we still would have looked like that.

Heres a few pics I have

post-8772-0-08293800-1416399020_thumb.jp

post-8772-0-49460400-1416399041_thumb.jp

post-8772-0-33117100-1416399065_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Cutlas3391

Shaun,,,,,,,,,I keep coming back to this thread. Your probably beat and passed out. I would be.

A comment,,,,not a wise crack. No,,,a observation. Peeking in the santa shed, when you show the pics.

IMHO,,,,,I would really consider,,,a 5xi. Also with that big jumbo 2 stage on it. Bigger, more power, heavier, plus,,,,,your a big dude. You would fit right on that bad boy snug as a bug. Yes sir,,,,,,,,,,,,,santa needs to bring you a big ol 5xi to round out the red horse collection. I just think they got the A $$ to get through that better.

ok guys,,,,,chime in.

Glenn

Trust me that big D is tough as nails. As for the one stage snowblower I have a trick keeping the chute clear and not get clogged up with snow. I did add the tall chute this year. Even without ags the turf tires with rubber straps dig pretty good. I used the rubber straps because of my concrete driveway.
  • Like 2

Cutlas3391

Well, I'm no experet when it comes to which model one should have or needs the most when it comes to chores..... What I can say is this..... My 518xi managed to chew through some serious snow last year. Heavy wet, dry fluffy, it did not matter. That was just the single stage snowblower. I would have the 2 stage blower if I were in Shaun's shoes.

Can't speak enough on how easy it is to get on and off, or as my video shows, in and out of a cab, when a cab is on one of the "XI's". As for weight.... The only thing heavier than any of the "XI" tractors is the D250. Without any attachments it weighs 1,013lbs. The lightest of the fleet. Fully rigged, the way it is setting now, without me in the seat it weighs roughly 1,490. Add my 225lbs, 1715lbs.... With the 2 links chains in the rear, I was going through snow that was well over 24" deep last year with the snowblower raised. Plow trucks had not been out yet and I had to get my custoers drives cleared, and I was not going to snow blow the city roads for them.

I'm not sure what one could or would do with that type of snow and amount in that short of time. I would guess that even the 2 stage may struggle a little bit, but knowing what the single stage moved last year, I would have no doubt you would have been able to leave the loader in the heated garage! :woohoo:

Rob

11aab25c4901ca7ef3d32f158e269b48.jpg

Next years project lol

Guys I live near Shawn and actually used a blower attachment I just got from him!! This storm was so crazy no matter what you have you worked it hard. I have that single stage mounted to a 312 and I had to take a cut with it all the way up until the tractor stopped backed up and dropped it and then move forward again. Did this over and over 1-2 feet at a time. I worked it hard but it did good. Even with a two stage not sure it would have been a ton better the snow was hard packed and frozen together before I even got to it. The snow was easily 6 to 8 inches over the top of the blower. There were times I was taking a 6inch cut with the side wing and carving out the underneath and leaving a 6-8 inch overhang of snow!!!

Like Shawn said us Buffalo folk are used to and prepared for this. Just another day all be it a crazy a$$ one :)

Im supposed to be traveling out of town today but I doubt and hope that doesn't happen. If not maybe ill mount that crazy tall chute on and give it a whirl later. I wanted to yesterday but it was hectic and exhausting so I just focused on getting the job done.

Craig commented on another thread how I need a snowcab too but I guess us Buffalo guys like to be out in the mix of things ha. I have the gear and as long as I blow it down wind its all good. Shawn will agree that even if we didn't sit down once on our tractors we still would have looked like that.

Heres a few pics I have

attachicon.gifIMG_0718.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0719.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0720.jpg

Looks good Paul the tractor working hard. Stay safe buddy!!

Heres a few pics I have

attachicon.gifIMG_0718.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0719.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0720.jpg

Pictures look good Paul. Stay safe buddy and good luck!!
  • Like 2

PaulC

Looks good Paul the tractor working hard. Stay safe buddy!!          

You too Shawn!! Had my brother over so tried running two but couldn't get anywhere with my backup because I don't have a second set of tire chains. Needless to say they got ordered yesterday haha.

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

b94fc775c5082e30fd1da60005e777fc.jpgc484857d12e913c93661738d0105d207.jpg

**UPDATE** It's 730am and another 12 inches on the ground. Seems like the snow stop for now. I'm pretty beat after 5 hours outside. Also shoveling 4 feet off snow off my back deck. Round 2 today. Also I have to help my neighbor across the street dig out. I'm just worry about running out off gas. I'll post more pictures later. Also they will be on wheel horse junkies. Check out second photo that's the buffalo bills stadium photo shoot from my window. Also another round of lake effect snow coming tonight into Saturday could lead up to 6 feet of snow.

• Like 3

Cutlas3391

Here's a few more pictures....

post-8224-141640046663_thumb.jpeg

post-8224-141640047131_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

RMCIII

That much heavy wet snow falling, in that short of time, you have to have down evergreen treen limbs everywhere. Not to mention power outages. Stay warm!

Rob

• Like 2

stevebo

Man I cannot believe the amount of snow you are dealing with !! Keep them horses working !!

• Like 2

Geno

Too bad a lot of us aren't closer.  I would be there with a lot of tractors and blowers, we would cover your area in red.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 6

RMCIII

Geno - that would be funny to see. A bunch of horses lined up, similar to combines in the wheat fields out west,  only all the horses rigged with snowblowers! :woohoo:

Rob

• Like 4