Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

My up isnt high enough

BairleaFarm

When I use the below plow with my c160 with a slot hitch it sits way low. The tip still drags with the hitch up. Anyone have this plow pictured with the slot hitch adapter? How far should the lowest point be off the ground with the plow is up?

DSCN0266.jpg

Buzz

I believe if you move the front of the lift cable to a different hole in the lift arm it should change the lift height :banghead: Sounds confusing but there should be two holes. Try hooking it up to the other hole and see if it makes a difference.............

BairleaFarm

Ive got it one the hole closesest to the ground which should give me more travel. I will investiate that tomorrow regardless.

kj4kicks

Slot hitch adapter could be slightly bent.

Cable could be stretched.

Need to add some weight to the front of the tractor.

What is the air pressure in the rear tires? (That will affect height)

After you get it working, you do realize that the dirt won't roll smoothly with all the rust, right?

BairleaFarm

Ill check what you have mentioned. I havent even thought about using yet. I didnt know the rust would affect it. Ill be sure to get that off before I use it.

Jim_M

If you turn enough dirt, the rust will be gone. You'll be amazed at how smooth and polished it will get. When you're done paint it with a coat of grease to prevent it from rusting again.