Geno

Tri Rib Tire Sizes

bmsgaffer

I am giving another vote for the deep cut 5 rib (Vredestein V61). I think the 16x6.5-8 is the stock size for the C series and 400/500's but dont quote me on that.

The 520's and the XI's came with 7.5 width stock, buts 6.5's seem to work ok according to others. (I will find out soon!)

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 1

Geno

The 520 with the swept front axle came with a 16-750-8.   I just put a set of 16-650-8 Ag tires on the front of my mower so I could steer the thing without sliding at higher speeds and it fits the rim perfect. 

I submitted the deep cut 5 rib to them today along with the 400-8 and 16-650-8 tri rib.  They already have a 350-6 tri rib.

Edited by Geno

Ken B

I put 16-6.50-8' Firestones on my 417-8 with forward swept axle with gear reduction. it steers so easy now it ain't even funny.. I have the receipt for 160 bucks..

IMG_1767_zps0716e69a.jpg

• Like 4

RMCIII

I can't find that style on that site in that size.  Do you have a link to it? 

Geno- they do not always post what you may need. If you call them, they will SO the tire you are seeking... No additional costs.

Firpo701

How do tri ribs do in the snow? With a front weight of course...lol :-P

Geno

I would think that would be the best you could get for the snow.  :)

• Like 3

oaktown1987

Do they make tubeless 4-8 tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geno

Everything I sell and use is tubeless. 

oaktown1987

What type of tires

Geno

As far as what I put on I haven't seen a tire at all that requires a tube in over 20 years. 

oaktown1987

The deestones I see on Ebay come with tube

Geno

Some people do that, I don't know why.  I could never see the reason of putting a tube in a new tire that has a good rim and the first thing that punctures it goes through the tire and tube.  I put on 4 Deestone ags today, no tubes.

km3h

I have been thinking of putting Deestone ags on the back of my 416 and Tri's on the front. But I am confused by the sizes. What sizes would I need and what would the cost be?

Wh416H

95fc00e2317918bdd1860b3a1c0f9243.jpg

My 416-H with 4.00-8

km3h

That's quite a rid you have there. Good looking horse.

Ethan and Randies horses

I cant find on greater clevland tire 16x6.50-8

Aldon

I need to outfit 3 tractors with new tread so will be interested in outcome. Product and pricing/shipping....

I like the look of the firestone tri ribs but it may be due to the raised lettering.

I have been leaning towards the 5 rib V61's.

I know that rear tires for some models are hard to come by from reading posts over the past year.

I have not had a chance to research the larger rears on the GT 14 but I did see a couple posts that indicate what little is available is very pricy. But may find more options once I am ready to pull trigger.

My ideal would be a cross between the 5ribs and the firestone...as I like lettering. Then a set of GT Ag or turf rears similarly raised lettered. And at least 4ply but perhaps 6 or more for heavy weight as I was told tractor by itself is 900 pounds. Add weight and snow blower etc...

tiggercl

Does anyone have a picture of a fitted deep cut 5 rib (Vredestein V61)  on 400/500 series machine?

Edited by tiggercl

bmsgaffer

Look for Martin's "416 Adventures" in the restoration category. He used them on his fronts.

• Like 1

tiggercl

Just found it !

Thanks,

Paul

km3h

I have been checking on line for tires. Deestone 23X8.50-12 are listed as 21 inches in height. I checked 23X10.50-12 but the same dealers do not list the height for them. What's up with that? The size tire needed for the 416-H is 23X950=12 but they are not made in the Agg. tires. Is the 10.5 tire too wide for the 400 series tractor? 

Geno

Welcome to my world, this is why I'm talking directly to a manufacturer.  They make lots of stuff but no one carries anything other than the most popular stuff, a lot of them have even quit making the odd sizes because of demand in this wonderful economy we have.  The tire pics I sent you are the rims on an 86 414-8 that came out with a 23-850-12, does your tractor have the same size rim?  I don't know if they are.

If we both have the same size rim then a wider tire just starts to balloon on the sides.  You will have to run very low air pressure just to get the whole tire on the ground or it will look like its all balled up in the middle.

Edited by Geno

tbarnhart

I have been checking on line for tires. Deestone 23X8.50-12 are listed as 21 inches in height. I checked 23X10.50-12 but the same dealers do not list the height for them. What's up with that? The size tire needed for the 416-H is 23X950=12 but they are not made in the Agg. tires. Is the 10.5 tire too wide for the 400 series tractor? 

Personally, I like to think of the deestone 10.50s as 9.50s. I put some on my c-160 and I think they replaced the carlisle 8.50s well. They even fit and look good on the 7 in. rims. Definitely a good buy, just not real 10.50s like it says on the tire.

ericj

i have nanco 23x10.50-12. i never measured the height but the width  only measures 9.50. i put a set on 8.5x12 rims, had to put tubes in them to keep them inflated, put them on 7.5x12 rims and they work great. would like to find more, but the dealer i was buying them stopped selling. i believe they were basically the same as deestone and several other ones like them  

eric j 

it took me to long to type this all out tbarnhart beat me to it       :text-+1:

Edited by ericj

Trouty56

Ive been lookin also....Simple Tire has some good prices on the Deestone ags.....there are 4 - 23 X 12's listed here...the first 2 are 8.5's and they say the width is 8.20 (one 4 ply and the cheaper one is 6 ply)....the next 2 are probably the 10.5's but they say the width is 9.30.....got to click into each one to see....I have my zip in there and since this place is in PA I have to pay tax....bummer.....not you though....

http://simpletire.com/deestone-d405-tires

Edited by Trouty56