rollingflat

new horse in the barm

rollingflat

hi, its been awhile but just got back w my new c-160 auto w/ 36" tiller. its not perfect but runs good. heres some pics.post-12305-0-41210100-1411255404_thumb.jpost-12305-0-36586200-1411255501_thumb.j

post-12305-0-36012500-1411255336_thumb.jpost-12305-0-54757900-1411255035_thumb.jpost-12305-0-53942900-1411255253_thumb.j 

its missing a hood, not sure its oem motor...base of motor hangs over frame.. it has right motor shrod but bolt holes extend past

frame ...so have to investigate.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Looks like a replacement block with the original tins bolted on.   :eusa-think: 

• Like 1

Sparky

Looks like a replacement motor to me as well (that's not a bad thing).

Mike.........

rollingflat

you might not belive this but ive been looking for a wh tiller for ever,just cant find them around here. found this one last week and brought it home today. heres the " you might not belive part " last night at inlaws house was walking around her small town and saw another c-160 auto w/ tiller 

mounted on it setting in some weeds  went to the door and had a great time talking wheel horse w the owner. long story short i think ill b picking that one up in a week or so. And this one has a hood...LOL :banana-dance: when it rains it pours :happy-partydance: 

• Like 2

Geno

Looks nice and ready for work.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

rollingflat

is it ok to have the motor only  secured w two bolts,or does it need aligned. 

slammer302

It should have two bolts through the bottom of the motor. I have a charger 10 that is the same way

rollingflat

thats what it has...

rollingflat

only the two left motor mount holes r bolted.post-12305-0-15051400-1411257847_thumb.j

Molon_Labe

You did good on that one. Should make a really nice :wh: for you!!

Geno

What Slammer means is the other 2 bolts come up from the bottom, you should see them if you look underneath.  Lots of the motors on the Horses hang over like that.   :)  

Edited by Geno

rollingflat

where can i find a model # on the tiller there is no little plate i can find? is it on the gear box?post-12305-0-33781700-1411258333_thumb.j

Ok thanks for the clarification Geno.

Racinbob

As the others said, that's the way the motor bolts on. No worries. A hood shouldn't be hard to fine. You did good! :handgestures-thumbupright:

rollingflat

did anyone go to the threshers reunion in pontiac il. over the labor day holiday a few weeks back?

they always have a nice desplay of wheel horses there...just wondering if any of those guy are on this fourm?

oldredrider

That IS a replacement engine. Unfortunately, I don't believe it's 16 hp as was orginally on it.

Count the head bolts. Should be 10 for a 16. I only see 9.

rollingflat

thanks for the heads up on the head bolts had to go out and count...and there where 10.    :greetings-clappingyellow:

rollingflat

post-12305-0-37888900-1411261872_thumb.j :sleeping-sleep:

Here is my helpper in getting the new horse... it was a long day 6 hr. round trip! but well worth it!!

he asked if it was his new tractor  :handgestures-thumbupright: what else COULD I say...YES!!!

• Like 1

1maidenfan

Nice score :woohoo:  Had looked at that one myself, just didn't jump. Talked myself out of it. :eusa-think: 

boovuc

The C160 picture is great! The pic of your "helper" is even better. Of course it's his tractor!

All the best!  :)

KC9KAS

While setting on the tractor....The right front bolt should be a "J" bolt.

rollingflat

update for monday...the c 160 runs good but needs some govoner work nothing major ...i dont think? so i moved the tiller over to 

the 414-8 fit was perfect and in the box of goodies that came w the 160 there was a brand new belt for the tiller! the tiller works great and 

garden is ready for garlic and wenter crops.

post-12305-0-81227700-1411432250_thumb.j

• Like 1

rollingflat

after tilling was done i put new seat on tractor and now working on a weight box for the front quick hitch. was popping wheelies in the garden.

• Like 1

Geno

Looking good!  Spare new parts are always a nice surprise.  :text-woo:

rollingflat

Update on the c-160 auto. new pics with the " new hood " mounted, muffler on and hydro linkage ajusted...WOW what a difference

the tighter hydro lever makes, its enjoyable to drive!!! Thanks to everyone that gave me help w getting this horse back doing laps. And Bruce for helping w such a nice hood.

motor purrrs and sounds good. Still needs a good scrubbing and wheel swap (rears) are off my 414-8. and new stickers. dont think I'll

paint it thought It has a nice patina. :) 

post-12305-0-58623600-1415231603_thumb.jpost-12305-0-21841100-1415231656_thumb.j

post-12305-0-62127900-1415231692_thumb.j

• Like 1

kudzu3

Isn't the motor mount missing here? I thought the mount was off set and the motor bolted to the mount. Just asking.