rustyedge1

C-145 Rear Hitch Attachment ID

rustyedge1

Hello ~

Trying to ID type of attachment which went with this setup ?

Thank you for any help ~

Dan

post-13703-0-80191100-1407864205_thumb.j

post-13703-0-48672600-1407864212_thumb.j

squonk

Never seen that. homemade?? :confusion-scratchheadblue:  :confusion-scratchheadblue:

oldredrider

Possibly a homemade rack for weights.

Golfer

Looks like the same hitch my trac vac motor attached too.

Dale

• Like 1

rustyedge1

I picked it up from a church that purchased it new and the fellow said that at one time there was a vacuum which was with it ~ I don't believe it's home made, welds look factory.

KC9KAS

rustyedge1, :WRS:

• Like 1

Geno

Hey Rusty :text-welcomewave:    One thing that strikes me is that it has the recess like the plow hitch for a rod but there are no locks or holes to mount the locks on it. 

I have a belt drive trac-vac blower attachment but it mounts to the standard plow hitch.

• Like 1

rustyedge1

Geno

That also strikes me a bit weird with no locks or holes for them ~ I have fooled around with old red iron for quite awhile and haven't seen one like it ~ Was thinking about doing a little fabrication and mount a trailer receiver for moving some trailers around, about the right height.

• Like 1

Terry M

Looks like it's been part of the tractor for a while. 

Geno

Geno

That also strikes me a bit weird with no locks or holes for them ~ I have fooled around with old red iron for quite awhile and haven't seen one like it ~ Was thinking about doing a little fabrication and mount a trailer receiver for moving some trailers around, about the right height.

That would be very cool. 

rustyedge1

Looks like it's been part of the tractor for a while. 

It was a true barn find pictured in the condition I brought it home in ~ Only thing non-original was a replacement K-341 which was installed by the service center which checked it yearly for the church ~

Terry M

It was a true barn find pictured in the condition I brought it home in ~ Only thing non-original was a replacement K-341 which was installed by the service center which checked it yearly for the church ~

Well Dan,  looks like it should serve you for a long time :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

rustyedge1

That would be very cool. 

If it is original Wheel Horse equipment I really hate to alter it, but the pros may out weigh the cons ~

Terry M

If it is original Wheel Horse equipment I really hate to alter it, but the pros may out weigh the cons ~

You might just want to remove it and set it aside for now...at least until you find out if its a piece of original equipment , or not.

Just my 2 cents :)

rustyedge1

You might just want to remove it and set it aside for now...at least until you find out if its a piece of original equipment , or not.

Just my 2 cents :)

Already done ~ Safe in the barn ~

• Like 1

rustyedge1

Well Dan,  looks like it should serve you for a long time :handgestures-thumbupright:

It has already found itself in some pretty tough orchard grass ~ I mow 4 acres all with Wheel Horse of coarse ~ :)

• Like 1

rustyedge1

I am going to the Antique tractor show in Portland IN next week and will probably drag it with me to see what opinions I can get ~ It looks like original equipment to me, that old red paint is tough to duplicate ~ Have added some pics with it off tractor and cleaned up a bit ~

post-13703-0-25084300-1407947185_thumb.j

post-13703-0-64237700-1407947192_thumb.j

post-13703-0-41584400-1407947199_thumb.j

rustyedge1

Well took it to the Portland tractor show and showed it around, about half of those dealer/exhibitor's that seen it said it was original Wheel Horse equipment, the other half didn't know for sure. So there you have it to date. I am still leaning toward a Trac Vac motor mount hitch.

Geno

I would think the ones that said it was original WH should have known what it was before they even said it was WH.  :eusa-think:  

Here is an actual WH vac attachment, it attaches to the plow tiller hitch and runs on a belt -

post-13404-0-73957200-1408993590_thumb.j

post-13404-0-42155500-1408993596_thumb.j

rustyedge1

I've seen quite a few of the ones in your photos Geno but what I was told at Portland is this went with a unit which had it's own motor that just rested in the slots in hitch and ran independent of the tractor. Without any information from Toro or Wheel Horse I can't say for sure that it was sold by them. The folks at the show said they were a pretty scarce piece of equipment and not very popular hence not many made. Personally I don't know, guess that's why they call this a forum.

Edited by rustyedge1

ThreeHorses

These were manufactures by New Vac Mfg in Anderson, Indiana

The one you have is a mount for the vaccum when grass and leaves were sucked from the deck thru the blower then thru a hose into a trailer.

They also made a bracket that slipped over the drawbar and hooked into a plow bracket. The large bag set on this platform and the vaccum and motor bolted to it also.

I have both setups but normally use the trailer type for leaves.

My son welded up a mount for the motor & vaccum that fits into the 2" receiver hitch so I no longer use the mount like you have on your tractor.

Also have a suitcase weight bracket that fits into the 2 inch receiver hitch.

I also use a regular automotive draw bar into the receiver hitch to pull trailers around.

I just mounted the blower onto the bracket tonight and don't have pictures of it.

This bracket allows me to easily switch from the vac to a draw bar with hitch ball to weights.

New Vac Mfg was part of a large wheel horse dealer. I believe Newby Implement was the name, no longer in business in Anderson. I don't know if they have just closed or moved to a new location. I got my vac in the late 80's.

post-1026-0-20166700-1409105632_thumb.jp

post-1026-0-98026500-1409105677_thumb.jp

post-1026-0-81267600-1409106097_thumb.jp

post-1026-0-69711800-1409106254_thumb.jp

Edited by ThreeHorses
  • Like 1

rustyedge1

Well now that makes since as I bought this tractor in Anderson IN and if you look at the first photos when it was brought home there is a yellow band on the steering wheel which had Newby's on it. Thanks ThreeHorses for the info and photos.