Sign in to follow this  
tookies

GT-14 start up problems

tookies

I have a GT-14 with the stock kohler 14. Was running fine till the other day and now wont turnover. Its not getting any juice from the battery, battery is good, .......aside from the ignition key switch where else should I check for problems?

Any input would be appreciated...............Chris, Georgia

glenn27

There should be an in-line fuse behind the dash panel--pull the battery out of the way --so you can get in there. If not that--start looking for a broken wire, or bad connection-.

Also, next--take a small screw driver---with the key "on"--jump across the small spade on front of solenoid--and the big stud that comes from the power source...

glenn

Brrly1

Hello After you check the fuse you might check the ground and make sure its a good solid ground. Possibly slide the battery forward and make sure the connections to the switch are still connected. I would try and use a good test light and double check all of the different areas and make sure you have power. Like the coil,solenoid,starter,and the switch. Possibly clean the terminals. Like Glenn was saying, you probably need to start with the fuse first and go from there. Just my two cents worth. Maybe Ol' Refracman might check in and could possibly add some other thing to look at. These tractors are basically pretty easy to work on, just like most Wheel Horse tractors Good Luck Burly :banghead::USA:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

tookies

I am tinkering........will keep you all posted. Thanks

WheelHorse_of_course

The fuse should not affect the starter circuit.

Some of these pre-mod 70's machines actually switch the starter directly from the switch.

Anyway first check the battery terminals and the ground terminal at the frame.