whfan74

Moved to the country!

rmaynard

Great pictures Scott! I know you will love rural life. I have lived that good life for 64 years. Wouldn't want city life for nuttin'

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Perfect place to raise a family. Very happy for you Scott. Very jealous of your country home and Wheel Horse stable

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Congratulations on the new digs Scott...    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

those :wh: 's look right at home there on your new green acres.

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 8

Geno

I've been in the country most of my life, never going back to the city.  Now the Horses can run free!  :)

• Like 3

WheelHorse79

Congratulations Scott!  That's a nice place your parents have.  I enjoyed the visit last December when I purchased your extra 1045.  Did all those Wheel Horses and equipment of your Dad's get thrown into the deal?

• Like 1

whfan74

Thanks guys! I absolutely love it here!

Almost all of the Horse's are mine. Now I am able to tuck them in each night! :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Bet it sounds something like this at the Mehlbergs at night...  :) 

when  :night:is said to each and every :wh:

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Scott. What a great place. My country life is 2 acres in new jersey. Lol

Best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 1

neil

Growing up in the city of London was great as a young pup but give me the countryside any day.

This Picture was taken thirty seconds ago from the balcony of my home overlooking the quatock hills in Somerset UK

Congratulations on your move to the country Scott , I'm sure you are gonna have some wonderful times creating family memories in the countryside .

post-2119-0-80090500-1406696450_thumb.jp

• Like 9

speedyleedy

Enjoy the country life Scott ! :)

• Like 1

squonk

I'm 55 and have wanted to live in the country for 56 years. It has never worked out. :sad: 

Congratulations on the new digs Scott...    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

those :wh: 's look right at home there on your new green acres.

Hey Craig, great "Home Movie! "  :)  :teasing-poke:

• Like 2

Ken B

Congrats Scott! It looks as though you have moved to God's Country!

• Like 1

Racinbob

You can't beat living in the country. Hardly a day goes by when I don't miss our old place up there. We talk about moving back quite often but the odds against it seem to increase along with our age. Having seen your new home last fall Scott I know it's beautiful and in a great area.

• Like 2

Coadster32

Great move!! Horses look right at home as well. (One even has calendar potential for sure!!)

Best of luck to you. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

whfan74

Went and did a little more exploring today!

post-919-0-40665300-1406745302_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-56069700-1406745320_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-12610700-1406745340_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-93277900-1406745359_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

953 nut

Know what I like best about country living; More Seat Time!

:text-coolphotos:

:woohoo: 

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Congragulations Scott!!! You and the family are gonna love this new life. I'm very happy for your children too.

Time to buy more Wheel Horses now that you have plenty of room for them.

fireman

Man I can't tell you how envious I am Scott! I do live in a rural town but I live in a lake community and unfortunately it's all hill. My house is built into a hillside and I have no back yard and a very small front yard with no room to roam. I could move to another house in the area but I'm in the home stretch with my job and have just over 5 years till I'm out of there and the North East. Going to head to Western North Carolina or North East Tennessee. What ever house I get it's gonna sit on a big ole' piece of property. I'm already ahead on my current house and the goal is to sell it and buy a house down there cash and have no mortgage. That's the plan anyway let's just hope it comes to fruition!

Ken B

How many acres do you have now Scott?

Road-Track

Scott Congratulations!  I see your kids like it. I was lucky to grow up in the country and have always preferred it. Your kids will get much more quality outdoor time which is great. I see more Wheel Horses and implements in your future. :ychain:   I just mowed some of my trails tonight on my 25 acres.  :chores-mowlawn:

• Like 1

kudzu3

Glad you are happy. I grew up in the country, retired, and did something very stupid...moved in a subdivision. I have been here for fifteen years, hated every minute of it, tried to sell for the last five, and want so bed to get out of this noisy mess. Congratulations my friend, you will be happy.

• Like 1

Desko

Enjoy the country life every one can agree that growing up in the country is great I grew up on a 100 acre farm and love it. Best of all is hunting and riding around with the horse the cows get jealous of it.

• Like 1

whfan74

Thanks for all of the comments. This is the first time I have lived out in the country and am glad the family was able to make the switch. So far so good. Everything is just about organized and put away. Now remembering where it is will be the tough part.

Ken---we only own about 1 1/2 acres but are completely surrounded by farm land. None of the neighbors are close at all except for the grain elevator across the street.

Here is the new place.....

post-919-0-78085200-1406813060_thumb.jpg

• Like 4