northguy

jJust got this

northguy

Just picked this up. My first old tractor. I saw it and had to have it, was told it has the stock motor, tires, blade etc. But no cutting deck. Has been repainted (poorly) and the blade has had some repairs but it runs good and starts second pull every time so I think I may keep it. I was also told that it was a one year model (1969) but really dont know much about it. Any comments would be helpfull. Thanks.

post-13415-0-64932800-1404417879_thumb.j

post-13415-0-05080200-1404417907_thumb.j

• Like 7

DoctorHfuhruhurr

perdy

rjcap

I'm sure the experts will chime in but I think it is one nice looking machine. Anything red and shiny gets my attention. 

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Edited by AMC RULES

northguy

Thanks. I was really impressed with the blade and how it angles from the seat. These were really well made. Don't really need the blade but it came with it.  Would like to find a cutting deck for it so I could really use it. Are these tractors rare? Does anyone have one of these tractors?

Thanks.

northguy

Thanks AMC Rules. Just what i need. Glad I found this site. Think Iam hook and will have to keep it.

• Like 1

Racinbob

If you're not hooked already you're well on the way. Nice tractor! :WRS:

Wheel-N-It

North Guy, I think you did very well with this as your first old tractor. Glad you like the forum here too. There is alot of information to be gained here at Red Square. Welcome aboard :greetings-wavingyellow:

km3h

That's a pretty good looking tractor. There is a lot of material on this site such as manuals and such. You should be able to find a deck for it without too much trouble. Ask around maybe someone on the forum will have one laying around. These guys are great and they won't try to gouge you on the price.

Digger 66

Think Iam hook and will have to keep it.

There's no turning back now   :eek: .

Greetings !

Marv

Niiiice!! Now you are addicted. There is no cure. Welcome>

Marvin

KC9KAS

Welcome northguy! Nice looking Work Horse 700.

Many, many Wheel Horse tractors are "1 year only" machines. That in itself does not make it rare, but as time goes on, parts for our tractors are more difficult to find.....But parts are out there!

I have a Work Horse 700 too! The 7hp Tecky on mine has a govenor issue so in the meantime, I have a newer model 10hp Tecky on mine. I mow with it ever once in a while.

r356c

Welcome to Red Square !

Nice! If any one asks why you *need* a decades old garden tractor, tell them it is an art object!

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

A very nice tractor and find for a first Wheel Horse!  You are going to get hooked on them!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

North guy. Wellcome to red square. Best of luck.

Glenn

woodchuckfarmer

looks nice to me.

parsonsponyz

Nice find, good looking ofr your first "old" tractor.  Welcome to the site.  Better start adding on to your shed/barn/garage now, you'll need it when you start buying more horses.

Mark

546cowboy

You have definitely found the right place when you have a Wheel Horse tractor. Now that you have one and will see just how easy it is to work on I see more Horses in your future. Welcome! :woohoo:  :WRS:

papaglide

Nice tractor and welcome Northguy!

Just be aware that these tractors have a way of multiplying!

You better have room for more..

specialwheelhorse

Welcome to Red Square !

Nice! If any one asks why you *need* a decades old garden tractor, tell them it is an art object!

C-101plowerpower

Thanks AMC Rules. Just what i need. Glad I found this site. Think Iam hook and will have to keep it.

first of, welcome to the wonderfull world of Wheel Horse, better get in touch with the WHA if you're hooked

Koen

Edited by C-101plowerpower

neil

She is a real beauty , extremely rare here in the UK ,.

I'm sure this will not be your last tractor

fabricator2009

Nice

northguy

Thanks for all the kind words. Already searching for a mowing deck and I may end up with another tractor. Oh boy....I think I am hooked. Thanks again for all the responses.