Alex from GA

Interlocks.

Alex from GA

Hello, I bought a used 212H and couldn't get it started.  The manual said it has 3 interlocks and I checked all 3 and still no start.  I did find one more on the brake pedal and it cranked.  What else is not in the manual.

Save Old Iron

Are you saying after finding the last interlock that your tractor is now functional

or

are you saying that the engine is cranking but not firing?

FYI - most manuals have some some material that is either unclear or plain out wrong. Wiring colors come to mind.

gwest_ca

Do you have the tractor's long model number?

Between North America and Europe there are 14 different models.

Garry

Alex from GA

Yes it is functional; it even works.  I was commenting on the manual.

Save Old Iron

In the not so distant past, I have tried repeatedly to contact TORO regarding wiring errors in the 520 schematics, These errors were found by folks on this forum that traced out wiring issues and confirmed issues with the schematics.

On every occasion, my emails were returned with the reply to "send the email to so and so in this department". When you send an email to so and so they once again request YOU send another email to yet another department. I did this about three times before I got the hint. They seemingly don't have any real interest in seeing the errors corrected. Not once did anyone in the TORO organization take the initiative to forward my email internally to the correct people WITHIN THEIR OWN ORGANIZATION.

• Like 1

Alex from GA

Wow, what a way to run an airline.  Thanks for the reply.

Alex

boovuc

SOI.......I think the core issue at Toro is they don't/won't waste any of their resources on supporting tractors that are long ago considered "unsupportable". They, (the company...not the employees), are not making any money off of direct support of 15 to 50+ year old tractors. If you had an issue with a newer Toro, you may have had a response after two or three email re-routes!   :)  (Which in this down-scaled corporate era is good)!

• Like 1

312Hydro

SOI.......I think the core issue at Toro is they don't/won't waste any of their resources on supporting tractors that are long ago considered "unsupportable". They, (the company...not the employees), are not making any money off of direct support of 15 to 50+ year old tractors. If you had an issue with a newer Toro, you may have had a response after two or three email re-routes!   :)  (Which in this down-scaled corporate era is good)!

Sounds a lot like Micro$oft.

jay1

Re 1976 B80 PTO Interlock

Have the B80 since 1976//great tractor almost never a problem.  First time  that the interlock PTO switch broke.  Had trouble finding the probem was this, but after unplugging the wire harness from the switch and playing with a jump wire into the harness female plug, I found out how to bypass the switch.  I assume I did it right (hopfully) since it now works with the jumper wire in place.

Questions--

1.  How comment is it to keep a jumper wire as a permanent fix and bypass the PTO switch.   Do you guys do that?

2.  How costly is a new PTO clutch lever interlock switch??   Was not able to locate the part number or vendor who sells this.  Is it still available?

3. Is the old switch fixable---Does one try the fix the old switch (1976).

Thank you