rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

rtfbg
11 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Interesting project.

Just is case you have not seen these yet

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=%22b-145%22&type=downloads_file

Garry

Thanks Garry ... honestly, I had seen these, and the fact that they were available played a large part in my decision to buy this piece.  Having a resource like RS makes this a whole lot more enjoyable hobby!!!!!   THANKS!!!

13 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I got your message but haven't had a chance to call him. I'll try to by Monday.

I don't mean to dump this on you, but I figured since you had at least some working know-how on the place you would probably be a better guy for the job.  I really want to go, not sure how a 4 day thing will work out, probably more like 2!!  LOL

• Like 1

378Pete

Very nice! Where is the air horn?

19richie66
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, gulftane said:

I don't mean to dump this on you, but I figured since you had at least some working know-how on the place you would probably be a better guy for the job.  I really want to go, not sure how a 4 day thing will work out, probably more like 2!!  LOL

That's alright. I am not sure if they will have any open areas in the main show/tractor areas but I will ask. They have a lot of empty areas every year but I guess its for people that have a lot of stuff and seems they don't put it all out. I am not sure if you wanted to show some tractors or just have a place to meet up and hang out. Please pm me your phone number so if they have any questions I can relay them to you or give them your number. If you could get a small section in the back by the tractor pull area, that would be good because it is not as busy.

rtfbg
17 hours ago, 69chargerv8 said:

Very nice! Where is the air horn?

35B.jpg.6a4afac801228901269e694a16d37cfb

RIGHT HERE!!  It's a "Bad Boy" electric, hooked to the horm button, and it will wake your ass up for sure!!  LOL

Making slow progress on the trailer .... got the rigging mocked up, ready to weld the deck frame to the chassis tomorrow ... maybe!!  As long as some goof doesn't show up with a busted boat trailer or something!!  LOL

T8.jpg.9f739f9a4a76be7578717a946f6e36e0.

T7.jpg.d2a58c10c9a34cc1b774a8451cec4cca.

T6.jpg.2c4214d71c9e45768af88cc61564dca3.

• Like 2

378Pete

If you have room for my Peterbilt I would love to stop in next time I get down there and take a picture parked next to beautiful work of art! I am a CAT guy myself, buy have you thought about badging that red Kohler with a CUMMINGS logo?

rtfbg

Got the chassis all welded up, time for an acid bath to make her shine!!  Tomorrow we add some diamond plate!!  Yippee!!  Next week, will start the seats.  fun fun fun!!

T9.jpg.7b6d2b3387f03b4fc53c00f0d021c69d.

• Like 1

rtfbg

Sorry, no progress Friday, shop was too busy ... today was TOO COLD!!  Hope all you guys with snow TAKE IT EASY .. there are no trophys for getting it all shoveled in one day!! 

rtfbg

YIPPEE!!  Diamond plate ... it just goes on forever!!  LOL

T10.jpg.f99b37c57a05e3fe118174a76c4c695c

• Like 2

rtfbg

Well, got the base trailer about 75% done, still have some lights, and steps but gettin close.  Will start building the seats on Monday!!

T11.jpg.ac358c196513f3cc9fcbf4605bf4a529

T12.jpg.777e5c50472923f60f4d3e916a26ff2e

Of course here's my obligitory BUTT shot!!  

T13.jpg.c1fd9d7165d43dab21c104182643d9ff

Oh, yea, it's gettin wheel covers too!!

• Like 6

AMC RULES

Enough wheels on that bad boy...

to haul some serious weight.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

rtfbg
Just now, AMC RULES said:

Enough wheels on that bad boy...

to haul some serious weight.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

seating will be for 6-9 adults, so 1/2 - 3/4 ton ... will be no problem!!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Will it be stage seating like this...

Second_Stage_Theatre_seating.jpg

rtfbg
Just now, AMC RULES said:

Will it be stage seating like this...

Second_Stage_Theatre_seating.jpg

Ahh  ... not quite!!  LOL ... 3 seats, 48" each, so 2 people per seat if you're strangers, if you're "friendly" then maybe 3 per seat!!  LOL  Or if you're a NASCAR fan, 4 people per seat!!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Yeah, but...    :confusion-confused:

how are the people in the back row...

gonna be able to see that awesome :wh:

rtfbg
28 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Yeah, but...    :confusion-confused:

how are the people in the back row...

gonna be able to see that awesome :wh:

Guess they will just have to lean out like you when you ride a train!!  lol  But they will be able to hear and feel her!!

• Like 2

rtfbg

Well, as you can tell by the lack of new pics, I haven't got much done on the trailer.  Doc said I am in atrial fibrillation, which is just fancy talk for a screwed up heart beat.  Have to wait 4 weeks for a slot to do a conversion attempt, sort of like a defibrillation.  No biggie, except that I can't walk more than about 20 feet without gasping for air.  Makes trying to do anything a real hassle.  So, be patioent, will be back at it in March, and will share the goodies when I do!!

rtfbg

Well, I ahd my Cardioversion, which was successful.  It took a week or so for it to be really noticible, but I'm getin back into the thick of it slow but sure.  Working on the trailer nose right now, got a 30 inch CNC cut aluminum horse logo, today we got the 3/8" studs welded on the back, what a hassle that was, the pieces are 6061 grade aluminum, 1/4" thick, hard stuff!!  The 3/8" bar stock I used to make the studs was 3032 crap, cause thats all I had.  Just because you have two pieces of aluminum does NOT mean you can just weld them together!!  We had to pre-heat the pieces, then slowly tack on the studs, or they would just melt away.  But they are on, nice and sturdy.  Hope to start assembling the seat pieces, oops, forgot to take a pic of those!!  I'm gonna make the show if it kills me, ??!!!  ps, this logo is now headed to the hydrocoater for a sweet carbon fibre skin!!!

2016-04-23 16.07.39.jpg

2016-04-23 16.07.59.jpg

Edited by gulftane
  • Like 7

953 nut

Glad to hear that you are doing better, you have been through a lot. The work you are doing is amazing.  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

rtfbg

Well, the hydrodip came out great!!!  Got the background sheet cut this evening ... got to love those CNC machines, perfect circle in 2 min flat.  Amazing.  Getting close to start putting al these pieces together!!!  Hang on!!  LOL

13118883_1563643747299545_6154725140955994612_n.jpg

• Like 8

Aldon

That is sweet looking! Gonna be a nice touch.

• Like 3

stevebo

Man I have to say your work is over the top. Really nice. 

• Like 1

Ken B
23 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Man I have to say your work is over the top. Really nice. 

I'm with Steve, awesome work and Pimp Daddy all the way... Your D200 is without a doubt the Peterbilt of Wheel Horse tractors, Florida style!

Edited by Ken B

russellmc301

the trailer could be one of those swamp buggy things :D

rtfbg

Well, today was weld the seats day.  Looks like it's gonna overlap into tomorrow too!!  The way this will be transported, (which is a closely guarded secret!) requires that it be able to be a completely flat deck, so all of the seats are made to be removable easily via some  pins.  Adds some work, but no other way to do it, without buying a 12 foot longer hauler!!  That ain't gonna happen!!!

ps ... thanks for all the nice comments. It means a lot to me  that you guys like this, as I have a great respect for this "crowd"!!!

2016-04-28 14.01.18.jpg

2016-04-28 18.31.41.jpg

• Like 4