rj24

help to bleed air out

rj24

i have a eaton 1100 hydrostatic transmission and i have air in the lines and i need to know how to get it out or will it work its self out after time i gust rebuilt the trany and had to tack off the oil lines so there was no oil in the pump

bmsgaffer

I believe the eaton manual states to just run the system for a few minutes to warm up then raising and lowering the lift system (keeping an eye on the oil level) for a bit. Top up the oil to the right level when you shut it off.

varosd

I believe the eaton manual states to just run the system for a few minutes to warm up then raising and lowering the lift system (keeping an eye on the oil level) for a bit. Top up the oil to the right level when you shut it off.

After changing my Workhorse hydro hoses, I put it up on jack stands and warmed up the engine (without the tranny engaged) then engaged the tranny and sure enough the tires really didnt move so I shut everything down and added oil and repeated until all was good! 

you shouldnt have to bleed or burp it.

rj24

ok thanks but i have a whining nice and it was not there befor i fix the trany and when you pull the dip stick out theres a lot of air bubols on it

varosd

gasket leak?  Is it leaking anywhere?

rj24

no its all dry no leaks at all now so i'm good to go on that

bmsgaffer

I think the air bubbles come in if the fluid level was too low and the pump sucked up some air.

I would change the oil in the transmission again (now that you should have oil circulated in the system, the level wont drop as much when run) to get bubble free oil and make sure it is full to to top of the the dip stick.

Maybe even try turning the pump by hand for a while after the new oil to let some oil circulate without sucking in air?

**top of the full line on dipstick...
NOT the entire dipstick... if that wasnt clear :hide:

rj24

ok thanks i have a ? i was told it tacks 5 qut of oil but it only as 4 in it and it sead it full but when its on a hill side ways it seads it low is there a way to fix it

bmsgaffer

Well whenever you are on a hill all of your fluids will probably read wrong.

I think it takes 5 qts if the system were completely empty, but there is always some residual fluid in the system when you change (filter, lines (even though you changed them), pump, etc)