PMaine

516H

PMaine

Do you guys recommend using the snowblower "flags" on the blower to increase the width? This did not have them.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey pmaine. Nice ride. If you are referring to those plates that bolt on the side. Drift cutters. I have them on mine. Increases the clearing width. Wouldn't call them necessary. It's up to you. Good luck.

Glenn

boovuc

If you can find them, I would put them on. It helps with the width and in a small amount of snow, say three inches, it seems to help pull more snow into it to help increase the efficiency of it working. Yes there is a world of difference between the 700 and 1100 Eatons. (Plus you get the hydro lift with the 1100). The 700 is great for mowing but that is about it. Sooner or later, the 700 will eventually take a big dump at the most inopportune time. That's a nice story and a great find. Redsquare and some great members like Dennis can make a big difference.

AMC RULES

Nice story, glad it's working out for you, tractor looks great.

Tell you helper...I'm gonna get me one of those hats. :handgestures-thumbsup:  

dennist

John, Those AGs look pretty good with the wheels painted up. If you are in need of the cutters, let me know I have some. The included photo is a flag used in the lift tube set-up. Photo borrowed from an eBay sale....

post-3300-0-43516600-1393779850_thumb.jp

Rock farmer

I saw that on CL too.

Just too far away.

A good snow blower is usually four times that money!

You did good on that deal!

I've found chains and weights on turf tires to be best on a snow blower tractor.

How's the ags working for you?

Joe

608KEB

Looks like a nice tractor! You should have years of enjoyment from it. Can't wait to see the next Wheel Horse you buy! :happy-jumpeveryone:  What amazes me is that someone let a hardly used snowthrower out in a field to rot away. :laughing-rofl:

PMaine

The people at the hardware store were a weird bunch to say the least.

Dennis- I definitely want a set of the snowblower plates, I never thought to ask when I was up to see you. The wheels off the rolling chassis were 100 times better than what I had, and the wheels did clean up pretty well! I do have quite an oil leak from the rear end that I need to track down. Do these ever leak from the filter gaskets? I have the lift flag for the snowblower.

Rock farmer- I have not done much with the AG's yet but in slush they were great. I have a set of turfs with chains/weights I can always swap on if need be.

I am addicted to these tractors. I go to Hartford CT and Western Mass about every other week for work and find myself searching craigslist for wheel horse things.

I also have a Baird Beaver tractor that I will be selling this spring if anyone is interested.

Edited by PMaine
  • Like 1

dennist

Regarding the oil leak...yeah, figure out where it is coming from first, I suppose it could leak around the filter, but I have never had one leak there before. I am sure you put some oil on the seal before tightening the filter? All you did was change fluid and filter and install the lift components? You may have a leak from one of the lines, but I can not think of anything specific around the filter area except the lines going in and out. You didn't split the pump from the trans axle for any reason? Let me know where it is coming from. Also let me know when/how you want to get the snow cutters and we can do that with no problem.

Rock farmer, I have a tall chute snow blower that I just picked up on a 520 that I would sell for $299.( how do you like those marketing skills).

post-3300-0-10193100-1393865085_thumb.jp

dandan111

Nice start. I'm sure your wife will have fun talking with her friends about you! My girls go in and out of the house when I'm out there. Sometimes curiosity gets the best of my wife and she pokes her head out. Always asks. What are you doing? Followed up with /why?

jackhammer

You have a nice tractor and a good  story to go with it

PMaine

Dennis, I never changed the oil or filter like I should have, so I will order one and start there. I think it's leaking at the filter housing connections, might just be a loose connection, no worries either way, I will get it eventually! I will need a mower deck soon (if the snow ever melts) so I will be up to see you this spring and we can work a deal on the snow blower wings.

20140303_173859_zpspxarshye.jpg

I also have a leak, although much smaller, at the lift cylinder, I think its the seal in the cylinder itself but I will do more digging this week!

I took the rolling chassis hood, stripped the decals and painted it, I just need some semi gloss black to finish it up. I ordered a pair of light bezels off ebay and hope to have those this week. I would like to replace the decals, but for the money I will hold off- need a seat for the 252 since I robbed that one.

20140303_215256_zps4f0gksnp.jpg

Edited by PMaine

dandan111

Looking real good

roscoemi

I have a similar set that I designed for my C-121 with Terry that includes the five branches of service. They are very well done, my son liked them so much we had Terry do a set for his 'Ranger that will get put on this spring.

post-6649-0-63603700-1394034090_thumb.jp

post-6649-0-77971400-1394034150_thumb.jp

post-6649-0-86189200-1394034176_thumb.jp

brian kelly

i want a snowthrower for 1988 516 h anyone know where can get

Sparky
13 minutes ago, brian kelly said:

i want a snowthrower for 1988 516 h anyone know where can get

Post a "Wanted" ad right here in the Red Square classifieds and keep your eyes on the For Sale section as well. Keep in mind that the Snowblower attachments from 1973 to present will fit your 516H assuming the blower is for a garden tractor and not the lawn tractor series.

Mike.....

• Like 2

brian kelly

thanks if you see let me know want