Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Dump cart hub caps

squonk

Does anybody know what hubcaps will work on a standard  :wh: dump cart wheel? I'm looking for the baby  moon style caps. Regular 8'  :wh: caps don't fit right.

post-2380-0-97365000-1393090343_thumb.jp

Kelly

Take the plastic dust cap off they should fit WH that is, otherwize you need a deep dish cap like some aftermarket ones, maybe Simplicity they I think are deeper dished

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

I'll check mine tomorrow Mike. I assume your talking about the 'bath tub' 5 cu ft cart wheels.  

The one I'm restoring at the moment came with one original cap - red like the photo but being an early cart it has the WH logo moulded into it, I'll check it for size against the wheels on horses in the stable.

Andy

squonk

Take the plastic dust cap off they should fit WH that is, otherwize you need a deep dish cap like some aftermarket ones, maybe Simplicity they I think are deeper dished

I thought I tried my 8" caps before with out the dust caps on the wheels and they didn't fit right but i'll try again. Thanks Kelly

wheeledhorseman

Checked the measurements today. Not knowing much about these as they're pretty rare over here I assume they grip on the tubular part on the wheel rim.

On the dump cart wheels this looks to be about 7 3/4 " which is the same as the front wheels of a D-200 and C-100, 120 that I have but there is only a limited depth to this profile on the dumpcart wheels compared with the tractor wheels and it doesn't look as though it's exactly parallel to the rotational axis.

Andy

squonk

Tried it like Kelly said. Took off the dust cap and they fit. Not as tight as I would like. Might have to tweak the clips. guess I'll be in the market for a couple of older style 8" WH caps

• Like 1

Ken B

Tried it like Kelly said. Took off the dust cap and they fit. Not as tight as I would like. Might have to tweak the clips. guess I'll be in the market for a couple of older style 8" WH caps

Hmmmmm, I've been looking for a set for my dump cart for a yr. now too match the full set I have on my son's 854. Did someone say bidding war? :ychain:

• Like 1

squonk

Hmmmmm, I've been looking for a set for my dump cart for a yr. now too match the full set I have on my son's 854. Did someone say bidding war? :ychain:

What? The vast network of WH owners in CT and no one has a pair? Steal them off Stevebo's Chevy!  :)  :ychain:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

"No one in CT has a pair" 

now, that's just crazy talk.   :ychain:

Somebody there has to have a set.    

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

Kelly

I'm sure there are a few sets in CT but not ones for sale, I have a few sets but don't want to split up sets of 4

squonk

pm sent!

Ken B

What? The vast network of WH owners in CT and no one has a pair? Steal them off Stevebo's Chevy!  :)  :ychain:

I don't think Stevebo has a set of the older caps "In Stock" I was up to his Ponderosa a few weekends ago and he gifted me a nice set of rear caps for my 417. I wouldn't feel right jackin anything off that Chevy of his! Better watch out and not park next to me at the BIG SHOW, I might swipe yours! :ychain:

squonk

I picked up a couple of semi baby moons at a yard sale last summer hoping they would fit. I think they are out of the late 50's or early 60's. You could slap those babies on the Chevy and he prolly wouldn't notice!   :)  :eusa-whistle: