red tractor

15 hp Kohler oil psi

red tractor

Hi out there!

I have  2001 Wheel horse with a 15 hp Kohler engine. if I try to use a aftermarket oil filter ,oil light flickers at idle..oil psi normal & have replaced switch with OEM. anyone else had this happen to them?

I set idle speed  a little hi also to see if  any change...still flickers.....also have tried straight 30 weight oil....GC

Jparkes43

Hi out there!

I have 2001 Wheel horse with a 15 hp Kohler engine. if I try to use a aftermarket oil filter ,oil light flickers at idle..oil psi normal & have replaced switch with OEM. anyone else had this happen to them?

I set idle speed a little hi also to see if any change...still flickers.....also have tried straight 30 weight oil....GC

When I got my tractor with a standard oil filter it would flicker the oil light even when it was in the middle of the dipstick with fresh sae-30 oil, I got soo annoyed of it not working I got rid of the light, and put in a oil pressure gauge from a well known auction site. You have nothing to worry about, either the sensor or light has gone a bit funny.

James

Edited by Jparkes43

AMC RULES

Wonder...will it stop flickering when throttled up?   :scratchead: 

Jparkes43

Wonder...will it stop flickering when throttled up? :scratchead:

Mine didn't, it did it constantly, that's why I got annoyed at it, having this light glaring you In the face

Edited by Jparkes43

gwest_ca

See in the Kohler service manual Section 6 the pressure can vary from normal operating temperature 12 psi at idle to 60 psi on a cold start.

Garry

red tractor

Hi Again

Thanks for all the input! & yes the light does work norm other than idle.....( oil psi above min spec at idle)  Thanks again! GC

can whlvr

maybe at idle its borderline too low oil pressure and the light is working fine,maybe the filter you used doesn't flow quite as good as the oem,and the light is sensing this?

• Like 2