dbartlett1958

The Simplicity of the PTO is Awesome!

dbartlett1958

A week ago, I was just finishing cleaning up the latest 12 inch snowfall with my single stage blower on the 416, when things started flopping around in the PTO area. I quickly disengaged and determined that the thrust bearing on the PTO had finally given up.

It took me about 15 minutes to remove the PTO pulley, remove the snap ring, and drive out the old bearing.

It took about another 15 minutes to clean things up, go to my stash and get a new bearing, some new snap rings for the stub-shaft, and re-install everything.

30 minutes later, my machine and I are good to go back to work.

Try that on a Cub-Cadet.

• Like 4

leeave96

A week ago, I was just finishing cleaning up the latest 12 inch snowfall with my single stage blower on the 416, when things started flopping around in the PTO area. I quickly disengaged and determined that the thrust bearing on the PTO had finally given up.

It took me about 15 minutes to remove the PTO pulley, remove the snap ring, and drive out the old bearing.

It took about another 15 minutes to clean things up, go to my stash and get a new bearing, some new snap rings for the stub-shaft, and re-install everything.

30 minutes later, my machine and I are good to go back to work.

Try that on a Cub-Cadet.

Absolutely 100% correct!!!!!

I've got three IHCC's and while they are great machines, they are nowhere (IMHO) as simple to operate, service or repair than a Wheelhorse and your PTO illustration is a great example of that!

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:   X 3

Wheel-N-It

I would not want to try that on a Cub Cadet. I have one and thats enough. Actually I'm glad there are Cub Cadet nuts out there. Those people make it so there are more Wheel Horses for me ;)

• Like 4

papaglide

Right on brother!

That's the main reason that I sold/traded my Cubs and got Wheel Horses!

• Like 1