Rideking

Snow Blower Blow-Back?

Rideking

During our last snow storm we got about 8" of dry / fluffy snow and as I was blowing our driveway I noticed quite a bit of snow being blown under the scraper bar of the blower and being ejected between the rear wheels of the 310-8. Now I did have the blower guides set about 1" off the ground as I do have a mixture of gravel and concrete that I clear. I also have rubber belting (Clarence's kit) installed on the auger, and believe this may account for some of the extra blow-back. However, I'm thinking about installing a whisker type door sweep on the scraper bar to stop some blow back, but to hopefully prevent too many rocks from collecting and getting caught up in the auger. Any thoughts, or anyone experience similar problems?

Kelly

Never noticed if mine does, I have a cab on it so I can't see under the blower, but I don't have much snow left behind, I also have the skids about 1" down for the gravel drive

GlenPettit

"Rubber Belting, Clarence's Kit"  how do I find out more information on that, or pictures???  ('search' didn't help me).

ol550

That is normal for the dry fluffy stuff.  If the scrapper is not in contact with the surface ther is no way

you can prevent the dry stuff from getting blown back.

RMCIII

Standard Operating Procedure....Working the way it should.