wheelhorsekid

Would You Over Pay for Your Favorite WH?

55rj35jr

Ohhhh Yessss   BEEN THERE DONE THAT :) 

Martin

everyone i touch is overpaid in the end........

• Like 4

AMC RULES

I certainly wouldn't let money stand in the way of my  :wh: progress. 

• Like 1

papaglide

What is over paying? If you want a tractor then you pay for it. I don't know if there are any "blue book" values for these tractors. I think that the amount that is paid for a tractor is dependent on a few factors:

the amount of cash in the budget, I think that this is the biggest factor

condition of the tractor for sale

the price of the tractor for sale

The bigger the budget the less I pay attention to price. I think that it is human nature to try to get things "cheaper" but not getting the tractor cheaper doesn't really define over paying does it? If there is a tractor out there that you want and it's $800 and you are only willing to spend $500 but buy it for the $800 does that mean you over paid?

If I had the money, cost would be no object. But because I don't have the money cost IS the object. That being said, what I pay for a tractor has limits but the fact that I go over my limit sometimes doesn't necessarily mean that I over paid does it?

I really hope that this made some sense!!!

• Like 5

Jake217

What a great thread.

I just did the math on my small collection. I don't think I've overpaid for any of them, but..., if a C-175 Series II or a C-195 shows up within 300 miles of me, I'm out the door, towing a trailer with a blank check taped to the rearview.

• Like 2

Brrly1

Well it's been said already, I am sure it will be repeated several times over. Yes, been there done that but, it doesn't much matter if someone sees something they can't live without, then it's all over except for getting it home and enjoying your spoils. How many times has this happened? Too many times and still enjoying!!!

• Like 3

6wheeler

I guess I am lucky. I have never overpaid for anything. My wife says its because I am a cheap SOB. (I have no idea what she is talking about). If I see a tractor I need? Then I will work out a deal. If it needs work? All the better. I never become attached to equipment and I am always willing to trade or barter everything. (Including my boys) BTW, I will trade 2 of them for something that does'nt only come by when it wants something. I can't trade the missus though. She's too mean. Never think you overpaid for anything????And, you won't.

• Like 1

armyvetwh

Weeeellllll. i do not have any idea in i over paid on mine or not. I got my 8-4speed for about $50 complete. the guy was just going to scrap it. i paid $10 for the body. he was keeping the motor to put on a rototiller. i traded a tiller worth about $30-$50(complete and runing) for the motor. :banana-tux:

608KEB

If it's an all original low hour mint condition 1st or 2nd owner WH.. I'm going to barter, but in the end I'm going to buy it. I ended having more $ in the bargin WH's than the mint condition ones.